• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

guides/wheels at torsion springs adjustable?

Ruckus

TY 4 Stroke Master
Can I move the wheel back to decrease the tension on the spring? It would be nice if my medium was a bit softer.

Moving it back will stiffen the spring. Short lever = harder to move.

I think you can move it back the one hole.Worry about torsion stabbing track though.Other 3 holes are for the bumpers you can get to stiffen it.Just a round plastic roller that hit against spring.

On Venture Lites/MPs, we have a plastic block that increases the height that the front of the spring rests at. Maybe get this hardware to slightly increase the spring rate, which would be about $190 total. You could set the rear blocks at soft but increase it at the front, which might give you what you're looking for. That's what those extra holes are really for. You'd also have to change the wheel mount with the one from the Venture Lite unless you mod the current one.

Or if you want to move the current wheel/block back on the skid, which would lower the spring and make it a little softer, you should cut down the end of the spring so it won't catch on the track when the suspension is compressed. This can present another problem. If you over extend the suspension (i.e. after a jump), the spring could slide out of the block if it's too short. Before doing that, move the wheel/block back and compress the suspension as much as possible (maybe get a few buddies to sit on it) to see if and how much you may need to cut the spring. Then lift the rear to see the shortest it can be without popping out. I don't know if the little bit that the spring will move down will make a lot of difference though in softening the ride.

Back