• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gutted Muffler

Took muffler out tonight. Will take to work tomorrow and gut it. Some one has to be the guinea pig so I will take the plung. Wish me luck. ;)!

go for it, would love ot hear it when its done.....Sound clip?

got it home and mounted. Took care of the clutch noise. Sounds bad to the bone on test stand. Now all we need is some snow for the final test. :4STroke:

No sound clip. Yes, it is twice as loud as the stock. Couldn't hear it running stock. Not loud enough to be annoying. Sounds like a sport bike with a supertrap exhaust. :Rockon:

Same as the rx. Plasma cut the top, cut the two inner tubes out, weld the cut and away you go. You don't have to remove the muffler but I did.

did you lose performance? Ive heard that you lose performance by gutting the muffler, most noticable on top end.

number1kyster said:
did you lose performance? Ive heard that you lose performance by gutting the muffler, most noticable on top end.

I was wondering the same thing. Interupting the smooth flow can slow things down. It would be interesting to have someone dyno before and after for actual results.

Don't have enough snow to get her up on top to know if it hurt the top end. I was wondering about this myself before I did it. But I will take the better sound over top end.

Back