• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hand guards

KEITHFD

Extreme
Website
www.haverhillfirefighters.com
Has anyone put hand guards on an RX-1. I know this is a stupid question, but the only thing that bothers me in extreme cold is the tips of my fingers and I was hoping hand guards would help. I have a small windsheild and realize this is probally the problem. Just wondering.

yes i put a set on my 03 rx1 and 03 viper they look great and realy do work..just enough wind resistance to realy let your warmers do there job.
going to get a set for my 4 wheeler too.

I installed the Sportech handguards. I will be trying them out for the first time this Friday on our Timmins run.

The seem to sit fairly far from the handlebars, so I do not know if they will work or not...they look good anyway...which is why I bought them.

real simple ..I doubled nutted the end of the bolt .i was having problems with them wanting to loosen up after a little ridding. or you could use some lock tight too..

Thanks again. Where did you get them? I'm looking in Dennis Kirk. Do they come as a pair? I assume they do. What color guards did you use on what color machine? I have a black RX-1 with silver hood vents, silver bar ends, silver & black bar pad with the small pocket, and a black windshield. I was going to order crome guards, what do you think? Looks cool and works....thats a first.

I use the acerbis and they work great and the installation was a snap. They were real helpful last week in Canada when it was -25 without the windchill. My friend is glad he uses them when he lost his hand warmers when his wires snapped in the steering column because of the cold. (An Arctic Cat) I have pictures but they wont seem to post on here ??? i will email you some if you want?

I have a blue sled, and put a set of blue chrome hand guards and the windsheild to match. The handguards come as a pair. Install in 15 minutes.

The price should be about $60 U.S. I purchased mine at Royal Distributing...they ship anywhere www.royaldistributing.com

Get the chrome or the coloured chrome....they look the best...the rest look cheap.

RX1 MEIRDA said:
I installed the Sportech handguards. I will be trying them out for the first time this Friday on our Timmins run.

The seem to sit fairly far from the handlebars, so I do not know if they will work or not...they look good anyway...which is why I bought them.

Hey Meirda....where are you guys starting your ride to Timmins from ?

We are heading to New Liskeard on Friday afternoon. Our trip plan is New Liskeard - Timmins on Saturday and Timmins - New Liskeard on Sunday then back home on Sunday. Should be at the Moze On Inn (North Bay) Friday afternoon sometime.. :wink: Look for my green Nissan Pathfinder pulling one of these.... :p

tr_esnow1.jpg

That's Canadian Ingenuity my freind. They are called Toy Carriers. One of my client's sells them. A company that produces Veal Houses makes these. Each one only weighs 150 pounds and they are tough as hell. My entire trailer with both carriers weighs about 800 Lbs. and the best is that you have a clear view down the center. They comes with ski guides and everything. You just bolt them to your exisiting trailer. Here's a better shot. ...

KEITHFD...Sorry to hijack your post..

tr_esnow2.jpg

Back