• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handle bars Wind deflectors

dyama

Veteran
Hello all!
Just to let you guys know that I have received my GT and tried to fit my Sportech Handguards and it won't fit There is not enough room to install the brakets :o| :o| :o|

It has to work. Someone on this site already has them on their Attak. I will try to remember who.

I,ve tried but they seems to have slotted switches assemblies (gas or brakes) The angles and adjustments of the Sportech don't seems to fit those type of bars! :(

Updated on access. site there are handguards listed and shown for Apex's. I'm assuming the brackets are different from Sportech to what Yamaha is providing with theirs. I know when I was at the dealer and tried to place a Sportech guard on, the placement of the cables and bend in the bar made it difficult to position it properly.

I like the Powermadd best

Attachments

• handguards.jpg
    handguards.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 132
Do these hand guards interfere with the OEM cover or are you able to stretch it over? And if you are able to stretch it over, are they just going to wear through over time. Has anyone had experience with this?

Back