• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hard start when cold hi milage attakgt

snappy

Expert
I have an 07 attakgt with over 11k miles and it is getting harder to start cold. If you dont open the throttle some to let in more air it will flood when the engine is cold last time it was 13 f (not that cold) Should I be checking slide sync in the throttle bodies or does a leaky injector or 2 seem more likely? Thanks.

Old plugs were worn but looked ok. Put in a new set same issue. Would a bad air temp sensor definetly set a code?

some have found cold issues at that miliage range from valves needing adjustment even thou it is earlier then the book says. Just a thought

I would say the valves need adjusted,buy a compression tester and test each cylindar,they shoud be within 5psi of each other,also try to run a few tanks threw it with some fuel injector cleaner in the fuel that might help,anything over 10psi differnce between each cylindar I would say somethings wrong,,,then you would need to do a engine leakdown test,this would test the head gasket,piston rings,intake and exaust valves,if the valves are out of adjustment the decompression release in the engine would not be operating properly causing a hard start

Back