• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone raced an 800r?

scottydog1 said:
TurboJamie said:
DoktorC said:
The SC should solve any issues with the 800R lol.

Hahah just a little eh? It gets the stock nytro by about 8 lenghts in 450'. Thats all we got till tomorrow. My XP 800 R has no gas in it so we couldn't run today and I was to lazy to go to the gas station.

8 lengths in 450'? was the Nitro tied to a tree? What about the low end grunt? Oh by the way "The flipper is on the right!!@!!!!" Keep em coming. Was this on hard pack or in 2 ft of snow again? I drag all the time w/ my buddies and who ever joins in on the lake. Always in fun, then trash talk each other. I guess if some people really get P.O.'d they shouldn't play.

Read his post again...I am pretty sure the results of 8 lengths in 450' is the Super Charged Nytro vs a stock Nytro.

I traded a 07 CF1000 and a F8 for the nytro and MXZ800R X. Long story, but the nytro has about 130 miles and a 1.5 crosscountry track. The 800R is all stock with about 240 miles. In a bean field with 2-4" the nytro jumped the 800 every time for about 2-3 lengths and there were 4 of us taking turns. The field is a little over a 1/4 mile and at end the 800 would be 3-4 lengths ahead. On the way back home on a hard packed road we did a 30 mph roll on and the 800 pulled away. The 800R has a strong mid and the nytro has a crazy bottom. They are both alot of fun to ride and I like the nytro a little bit more at this point because of the 0-60 in the ditches. A trip to the UP with the trials and the 800R will shine. Yes the 800R feels stronger than the CF1000 and all I can say about my F8 is that it was a turd. I have had 11 AC and thought it was time for something different. So far I am real happy.

08 1000 cross fire was with us today also. In 1000 foot runs outta the hole, the 1000 was barely beating the 800r but it was close. My runs were also similar to rimmers but when the 800's started clickin the tra's
things started happening in their favor. They are not unbeatable in 660 I am quite positive of that but tell ya what they do go.

rimmer part of the strong bottom end may be the gearing.The nytro has real low gearing and the 800r is actually pretty tall for all around.

mchimera said:
scottydog1 said:
TurboJamie said:
DoktorC said:
The SC should solve any issues with the 800R lol.

Hahah just a little eh? It gets the stock nytro by about 8 lenghts in 450'. Thats all we got till tomorrow. My XP 800 R has no gas in it so we couldn't run today and I was to lazy to go to the gas station.

8 lengths in 450'? was the Nitro tied to a tree? What about the low end grunt? Oh by the way "The flipper is on the right!!@!!!!" Keep em coming. Was this on hard pack or in 2 ft of snow again? I drag all the time w/ my buddies and who ever joins in on the lake. Always in fun, then trash talk each other. I guess if some people really get P.O.'d they shouldn't play.

Read his post again...I am pretty sure the results of 8 lengths in 450' is the Super Charged Nytro vs a stock Nytro.

Hahah yup go for a re read, the SC nytro pulls 8 + lenghts on a stock one in our field about 450' run, were going out today to a longer place 2300' will have vids tonight.

[quote="Also I filled the tank before we left, I put on 85 miles and still had one bar left when I pulled it in the garage. We rode HARD!!!
.[/quote]

That is REALLY good news!

As for the racing....our group rarely races each other...maybe once a year and strictly for fun.....but you still don't want to lose.

Although not an Major factor it was said above that the nytro did have an 1.5" track which definitely starts hurting above 60 mph. Gear it up and put an 1.25 on it and although probably wouldn't win, it would be closer.

From the Various dyno reports it seems like there is less than 10 hp difference between these sleds. It all comes down to Aerodynamics and drivetrain efficiency.

Based on it's torque, if you can harness it, the Nytro should win 0-200', it's more than enough extra to offset it's weight. The faster you go the less weight matters. A Great Nytro(Everything perfect) may beat an Bad Rev.

rimmer said:
I traded a 07 CF1000 and a F8 for the nytro and MXZ800R X. Long story, but the nytro has about 130 miles and a 1.5 crosscountry track. The 800R is all stock with about 240 miles. In a bean field with 2-4" the nytro jumped the 800 every time for about 2-3 lengths and there were 4 of us taking turns. The field is a little over a 1/4 mile and at end the 800 would be 3-4 lengths ahead. On the way back home on a hard packed road we did a 30 mph roll on and the 800 pulled away. The 800R has a strong mid and the nytro has a crazy bottom. They are both alot of fun to ride and I like the nytro a little bit more at this point because of the 0-60 in the ditches. A trip to the UP with the trials and the 800R will shine. Yes the 800R feels stronger than the CF1000 and all I can say about my F8 is that it was a turd. I have had 11 AC and thought it was time for something different. So far I am real happy.

Excellant post, This is what I and everyone would like to see. You will have to try this again when the Nitro Has approx 500 miles (When the rings are seated) It may be a lot closer than you think. Coming from a Warrior to the Nitro I know the more miles I got on her the better she performed. Keep on running, You will improve performance While the 2 smoker will be going the other way. Thank you ;)! :Rockon:

I've got a nytro and a 07 800 rev and my son and I raced several times yesterday swapping a couple of times. nytro gets better traction and holeshot every time but at 80-90 mph the 800 goes by, didn't push the nytro past that due to break in, but IMO with taller gears they will be close.

Depending on conditions, but for the most part a 1.25 is NOT an option. It is not enough track unless on absolute hardpack. Any other conditions a 1.50 is the least of track you need. The sled absolutly churns the track in the midrange.Gearing up would definitly help the holeshot on snow and topend.

scottydog1 said:
rimmer said:

Excellant post, This is what I and everyone would like to see. You will have to try this again when the Nitro Has approx 500 miles (When the rings are seated) It may be a lot closer than you think. Coming from a Warrior to the Nitro I know the more miles I got on her the better she performed. Keep on running, You will improve performance While the 2 smoker will be going the other way. Thank you ;)! :Rockon:
Well scott,we now have a few miles on our 800r's and all i can say is bring it on,anywhere any trail,oh ya did i mention we will also pass you at the pump. later scottydog

mnmsnowbeast said:
scottydog1 said:
rimmer said:

Well scott,we now have a few miles on our 800r's and all i can say is bring it on,anywhere any trail,oh ya did i mention we will also pass you at the pump. later scottydog

Internet racing. Nice. Give it a rest.

mnmsnowbeast said:
scottydog1 said:
rimmer said:

i do not no why you guys are trying to compare these two sled the 800r is built for speed and rough trail the nytro is not meant to run with the 800 it was built to run with the 600-700 which it dose if you bought one to run with the 800rxpx or just for top speed your well be disappointed i personal do not except my girlfriend nytro to be munch faster then a 600cc

what i do not like is the poor fuel mpg compare to the 800r from what i see here and i doo talk the nytro average might be 12-14mpg mpg were the 800r look to be 13-15mpg

scott8888 said:
mnmsnowbeast said:
scottydog1 said:
rimmer said:

i do not no why you guys are trying to compare these two sled the 800r is built for speed and rough trail the nytro is not meant to run with the 800 it was built to run with the 600-700 which it dose if you bought one to run with the 800rxpx or just for top speed your well be disappointed i personal do not except my girlfriend nytro to be munch faster then a 600cc

what i do not like is the poor fuel mpg compare to the 800r from what i see here and i doo talk the nytro average might be 12-14mpg mpg were the 800r look to be 13-15mpg
Comparing the two is all in fun. Nice being the underdog in a race, something to shoot for and nothing to lose if you don't win the race. As far as racing the 800r, hard not to when 2 of my riding partners have em. Those boys are just as eager to get mine going as they are theirs.

Dead Camera batteries pretty much hindered our video attempts for you guys.

Stock Nytro Vs REV XP 800 R for about 500' they are even then the rev gets away on it, not alot to the 1/4 mile it might have 5-6 lenghts on it. Its not KILLING it but it definately beats it well.

My SC FX Nytro has no studs keep in mind the nytro above has no stunds either while the XP does. So my SC sled pretty much spun its head off the whole distance. Front a dead stop the SC sled could only nab 2-4 lengths depending on the run, remember studded vs non. But on the roll 10 lenghts was easy on the SC nytro.

From the roll the stock nytro vs the xp is no contest the xp trucks it no problem. In a short race its anyones game 660' to 1000' with both capible of trading wins, after that the rev will take the stock nytro.

Keep in mind also our nytro's are only geared for slightly over 100 mph.

Back