• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone seen my exhaust donuts?

LJ 452 said:
Replaced mine at the begining of the season. They were toast after less than 2,000 miles. I think there is too much flexing in the chassis in combination with a poor design. They really need to figure this out, as stated it's not the 50 bucks, it's when the dealer doesn't stock the dang things, (which is a problem in of it's self) and if you ride anyway the repair bill goes from 50 to upwards of 300, or even 500 if your talking Apex. Very dissapointing. Luckily I keep a spare set with me and just swapt them out.

Did you shorten the spacers on the clamps? I took around 2mm off mine but it's to early to know if it helped. The flex pipe should allow for any movement in the engine and chassis but if I continue to have problems I might look at modifying the front exhaust hanger. It may be to ridged and needs to be rubber mounted. I've spent enough on this machine and I'm not interested in dumping more into new pipes.

My 05 Vector has almost 4,000 miles on it and runs the same donut setup with no problem but I've heard the Apex has problems also. Out of 3 dealers all within 1hr from me none of them had donuts so they had to be ordered.

Don't get me wrong guys,my Nytro is already torn apart for summer/fall mods but I can really understand why some guys have had enough! I'll be sticking with Yamaha but really, the designers of the Nytro should be fired and exiled to some remote island in the pacific. Thank god for the after market world. The resulting machine is probably better than what you could buy from any manufacturer. Just that the machine that was introduced to the snowmobile world has far too many design flaws than is acceptable. The Yamaha Nytro is the worst sled I"ve ever owned . And the best! JMHO :Rockon:

yamahabandit said:
Don't get me wrong guys,my Nytro is already torn apart for summer/fall mods but I can really understand why some guys have had enough! I'll be sticking with Yamaha but really, the designers of the Nytro should be fired and exiled to some remote island in the pacific. Thank god for the after market world. The resulting machine is probably better than what you could buy from any manufacturer. Just that the machine that was introduced to the snowmobile world has far too many design flaws than is acceptable. The Yamaha Nytro is the worst sled I"ve ever owned . And the best! JMHO :Rockon:

They are on a small island in the pacific!

Back