• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hauck Get-er dun kit tested

Turk

Tech Advisor
Got the kit all bolted in & took it for some runs down our test strip. The sound is not a lot louder but has a sharp bark to it.

Kit includes
3 K & N filters with velocity rings & pre-filters
fuel accelerator
Muffler...9 pounds less the the stocker which is frikken heavy!
Clutching=Hauck launching weights at 56 grams
helix that measuresd out close to a 48/42(H)
Black primary spring (non yammie)
Silver secondary at 80 wrap.

Install should be about 4-5 hours. Working around the steering post to remove the airbox & install the filters is tight.
Everything else is fine.

Clutching pre set up & installed was off. Supposed to be 8200 & climbing to 8700. I saw 8k & dropping & slowly maxxing out at 8350. Easy fix tomorrow.

I do have a clutching issue with this sled no matter whose clutching i have tested. On holeshot i can hit perfect rpm,s but then it drops to 77-7800 rpm & recovers. This happens no matter whose clutching, what set up or playing with the suspension i do. I think this is because the 1.5 free ride track hooks up so hard I can,t stop rpm,s from dropping & I have gone thru a dozen helix & spring combo,s to try to stop this.

Anyway on our test strip which is 1000' the best mph I ever got was 89 & maybe 90 on a good day. Today with the get er dun kit i saw an easy 92-93 mph in the same distance & was underreving by 400 rpm,s. I can,t really do any honest drag race testing until i solve this underev at holeshot. I am getting some drag,n,flies soon from sj to test so i hope I can clutch this out...alltho everything else i tried failed.

Airbox is gone...minimal weight saving there...the muffler is the biggy. It stinks like hell for the 1st 10 miles till you break it in.
Throttle response is like stock ...but...I think it is still a little lean down low & will try adding a bit of fuel to the low end.

For a bolt in & go kit I hope anyone purchasing it can do some tuning on their own.

fuel accelerator

What does that look like - what is it? Does it just backup the pump? - Electric?

Thanks

Mike, sounds like you have overshift issues with most of those kits?

Have you tried a stiffer secondary spring?

Thats the problem I had with that silver spring, alot of times it was good, but when I really hooked, it would overshift. Have you tried a green, pink, or white spring?

When i try a stiffer spring it just initially revs higher before rpm,s drop off. Never did go to a white tho.Tested with hc,s hh,s supertips, stock; just about every weight invented. That freeride hooks hard!!!! I really don,t want to go to the white but maybe i have to.

Bottom line.....this kit sells for $1200. The average guy thats gonna buy this does not have a clue on clutching/jetting/rpm,s at wide open throttle. For this kind of cash you should have a kit that,s truley bolt in & be with in 10% of dead nutz on. This kit ain,t even close. On Haucks defence there is more then 1 guy selling kits that i have had to dial in but this one is way out for the cash paid. They need more R & D on snow. Thankfully I can fix whats wrong with it. I give an honest opinion on stuff I test!!!

:Rockon: Turk I agree the kit is not close .... i am working on getting my clutching dialed in as well.... at first it was hitting rev limiter now i am a little tip heavy..... i have heard that it can take a lot of weight in the heal of the weight set up to try that out tomorrow

Test the stuff on snow & sell it! Geez....what,s the problem? How can people sell something for so much $$$ & be so wrong? Be patient; test a kit on snow & then market it knowing it,s dead nutz on; bolt on & go. I have been closer clutching an unknown sled from 2000 miles away using bits & pieces.

Hey turk

it sure is fun to sneak that airbox out .... and the most fun is getting the filter on the middle cylinder.... i just put on a mass air sensor to see if fuel settings are ok.. hope u have good luck setting it up..... if u dont mind telling let me know what u are doing for clutching

Dakota
I am gonna fix my clutching today. should be easy to do. 1 or 2 changes should get me there but my bottom end overshift is gonna be a killer. anyway pm me at
brodam@westman.wave.ca
for further clutching updates.

Back