• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Haydays 2018

The weather was perfect and it was another great event! There was a little discrepancy between phone apps but a few buddies and I put on somewhere around 11-12 miles on the grounds Saturday.

12210.jpeg

I brought a bunch of cash with plans to buy a clutch kit and PCV from Ulmer for my off season build but he wasn't there... I'm sure it's better to call him but sadly I haven't gotten a response to my email hoping to cash in on the Fall Savings Sale he posted before it expires tomorrow. His free shipping code appears to work but it doesn't look like the 15% off is working on the Nytro clutch kit.

I ended up finding a set of Pro Taper bars, hooks, and controls for $40. They need a good scrubbing but were at least 1/3 the price of any other set I saw. I got the idea from another member here who has them on a Nytro so I figured I might try it out too. I also picked up a couple small finds - $5 open face helmet for my toddler and a $10 Hyperlite neoprene life jacket that still had the tags on it. Some other finds within the group included a set of Ford Raptor take offs, several sets carbides, a pair Klim boots, a Fly F2 helmet, some belts, 20 balaclavas for $15 (cheap ones for kiddos) and other odds and ends.

The group I was with rides mostly Polaris so inevitably we talked to a few of the guys at the Polaris booth about their new 850 (840 cough cough). They had a cutaway of the motor of course but also had a neat little display with a bunch of worn out 2-stoke pistons that the guy walked us through showcasing how their OEM oil was better than a couple of "unnamed" competitors. It was interesting to hear that their engine "durability" test was only 115 hours (with the engine worked at pro rider level). This didn't have a "direct correlation" to miles but sounded like around 6,000 if you get my drift. As we walked away I joked with my friends (one of which had a Bikeman durability kit he just purchased) that while my Yamaha was heavier my motor is probably just getting broke in at 6,000 miles. :4STroke:

The last leg of the swap meet my group was making small talk with a guy in vintage Arctic Cat gear. It was quite entertaining and I thought it was just another swapper who was full of beer and having a good time. Well after the video came out on the TY Facebook page I realized we were talking with "Turkey Reinhardt" aka Brett Turcotte! :Rockon:

Was a great weekend for sure! my entire weekend was paid for by geting a $500 tobe rideing jacket for $175. Probley the best deal iv found yet of the few years going

Back