• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Haydays 2018

I think that is one thing that scares me the most with the turbos, its so easy to double the hp run the hell out of it and turn it back to stock to dump it! I know anything can be modified and returned to stock but with a turbo its so easy even I could do it!

One more reason to buy new!

Sub 10,000 even with exchange thats 13,000 canadian or about 6 to 7 thousand discount! Must be talking used!

Yes, I would be looking at used. But leftover 2017 models are still out there. Some of the non spring order units are popping up. I'm amazed they still sit at dealers.

One dealer had a 2017 XTX in Blue/White demo last year. Under 500 miles for $10,999. That's as close as I saw to sub $10K on a nearly new sled from a dealer. They claimed warranty, I 'm guessing it was left over YES contract. That's as good as new in my book.

There will be plenty of carry over units with the low snow. Many local dealers buy stock out of state and bring them in to move. Not so much with Yamaha, but they do exist. The dealer demo's are a good find if you have a relationship with a dealer you can trust. Mileage is not tracked on sleds in MN, so there is nothing keeping the unscrupulous from fiddling with mileage. (Arne Ranta)

I live about 30 minutes away, and so I go every year unless the weather sucks. But IMO Haydays ain't what it used it be. Gone are the days when you could find something you wanted for a fair price. I've found that most of the swappers show up as early as Thursday. and as soon as they get set-up, they start mingling and dealing with other swappers. Long before the gates open, the best stuff has been picked through ... and often times just to be marked up and re-sold in another swapper's tent. As for vendor products, whether it be aftermarket accessories, mod parts, or riding gear, the deals just aren't there anymore. Most of what you'll see can be found online for the same or better prices. And the price of admission is now as much as you'd spend to get into a Six Flags theme park. For me, it's like attending a large fair for motorsports enthusiasts. But I still enjoy it for what it is and don't mind putting a few miles under my feet as long as it's not a mud pit. I just hope the Snow Baron's are putting the money they make back into to local clubs, as was originally intended. Given that we have so few real winters in the Midwest anymore, Haydays has become a novelty. And since the since so many manufacturer's didn't even hold a sneak peek event last spring, this may be the only time to see some of the new sleds (let's hope).

I do have to agree....the price for admission now is stupid expensive.

A swap spot used to be fun, easy to get into, not expensive, sell a lot of snowmobile items, not have to show up on Friday and still come out making money. Now, you have to register ahead of time, set up on Friday, can't even fart without someone complaining and don't see much stuff moving like years in the past. OVR4D is correct, the swappers see things they can make money on, so they buy it and put it for sale at a higher price to make a buck. Is it going to happen? Yup....

It is the only "Hay Days", but ever since the new location was introduced....the prices have just gone crazy.

As for me, I've been working in Thunder Products vendor tent the past 3 years and see traffic come and go in spurts, with a good amount of purchases. There are deals out there, but you need to know where to look. This is a snowmobile event, but I see a lot of things that shouldn't be at a snowmobile event....vendors and swappers.

I do have to agree....the price for admission now is stupid expensive.

A swap spot used to be fun, easy to get into, not expensive, sell a lot of snowmobile items, not have to show up on Friday and still come out making money. Now, you have to register ahead of time, set up on Friday, can't even fart without someone complaining and don't see much stuff moving like years in the past. OVR4D is correct, the swappers see things they can make money on, so they buy it and put it for sale at a higher price to make a buck. Is it going to happen? Yup....

It is the only "Hay Days", but ever since the new location was introduced....the prices have just gone crazy.

As for me, I've been working in Thunder Products vendor tent the past 3 years and see traffic come and go in spurts, with a good amount of purchases. There are deals out there, but you need to know where to look. This is a snowmobile event, but I see a lot of things that shouldn't be at a snowmobile event....vendors and swappers.
I really enjoy going and looking at all the stuff there but so far it has cost me over$300 for swap spaces and I will still need to buy wrist bands when I get there. Also all the swap spaces were gone in about a week which is crazy. I agree with you that there is a lot of stuff that shouldn't be there. This isn't a garage sale. If its not somewhat related to powersports don't bring it. Also there is a lot of junk there and people think they can get good money for it. If I bring something to Haydays I don't want to bring it home so I will deal.

Yes, I would be looking at used. But leftover 2017 models are still out there. Some of the non spring order units are popping up. I'm amazed they still sit at dealers.

One dealer had a 2017 XTX in Blue/White demo last year. Under 500 miles for $10,999. That's as close as I saw to sub $10K on a nearly new sled from a dealer. They claimed warranty, I 'm guessing it was left over YES contract. That's as good as new in my book.

There will be plenty of carry over units with the low snow. Many local dealers buy stock out of state and bring them in to move. Not so much with Yamaha, but they do exist. The dealer demo's are a good find if you have a relationship with a dealer you can trust. Mileage is not tracked on sleds in MN, so there is nothing keeping the unscrupulous from fiddling with mileage. (Arne Ranta)

I know a guy with a nice blue and white XTX in the classifieds for $9,995... ;)!

I'm holding out for a deal on the all blue spring order with better shocks. It's sad that color should matter, but it does.

But everyone's personal preference can be swayed by price. Hell, I have the stupid powder blue 2012 XTX. I would have never bought that color, let alone drive over 3hrs one way to buy it. But when a dealer gives you that price you can't refuse and YES contract, you tend to start shopping clothes to match that horrible color! HA!! I'm a sucker for a good deal.

I'm actually thinking if I can save enough money on an in-season model, I will have an all blue SRX themed wrap made and just order the shocks I want. Hmmmm.

I'm holding out for a deal on the all blue spring order with better shocks. It's sad that color should matter, but it does.

But everyone's personal preference can be swayed by price. Hell, I have the stupid powder blue 2012 XTX. I would have never bought that color, let alone drive over 3hrs one way to buy it. But when a dealer gives you that price you can't refuse and YES contract, you tend to start shopping clothes to match that horrible color! HA!! I'm a sucker for a good deal.

I'm actually thinking if I can save enough money on an in-season model, I will have an all blue SRX themed wrap made and just order the shocks I want. Hmmmm.

Always wear black matches everything, look at us worrying our clothes will match! Course I have a red helmet and a blue sled!

I hope to go again this year. Still get aggravated about how much parking and the entrance fees are these days.. :mad:

I hope to go again this year. Still get aggravated about how much parking and the entrance fees are these days.. :mad:

YEP exactly

What are they charging for entrance and parking?

Back