• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

header / max boost ?

so you mean like 1/8” of an inch from the pivot should be safe for start?
You could start there monitor boost and if boost low turn bolt in a bit at a time. I assume your running a TD or hurricane 20lb tune? If you get lock in to far on max 20 tune you can get into overboost and sled will cut out, this is built into tune.

You could start there monitor boost and if boost low turn bolt in a bit at a time. I assume your running a TD or hurricane 20lb tune? If you get lock in to far on max 20 tune you can get into overboost and sled will cut out, this is built into tune.
i have max 20 thks bubby

Well I was able too get out too the Weenie roast and the sled ran strong. I finally have those temperatures to what I consider an acceptable level with the new header. Header is wrapped, double reflective tape underside of tank, and the dam heat shield was a pita!
4BCD0001-1E42-42B3-933F-CDB0534AE5D9.jpeg

Here you can only see the top of the shield, all I got, sorry.

I know the header is making more power because @ 21 psi it’s pulling 8 percent more fuel to achieve the same AFR’s! I can only imagine that on a sidewinder with that cast manifold it helps even more. My viper had a tubular manifold with tiny runner size. I was keeping it low on boost for now, just being safe with the new motor. Next year we turn it up!

As a side note I used 50/50 leaded 112/91 octane, running full race timing and I don’t even have a knock sensor. That’s a totally safe mix for 21 psi imo.

Back