• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Header pressures while under boost?

WesG

Extreme
Question for the guys that have tested this, DaveF I know you have mentioned this before and I am sure others would know this as well.

At different boost levels say 12, 15, 18, 20, 22 lbs, what pressure is in the header?

Asking because I am searching for a leak using a plumbers plug, but the plug will only hold to about 12lbs before it flies out of the dump pipe. I could build a hose and a cap to bump the pressure up higher, but I am wondering if that is needed?

Wes

WesG said:
Question for the guys that have tested this, DaveF I know you have mentioned this before and I am sure others would know this as well.

At different boost levels say 12, 15, 18, 20, 22 lbs, what pressure is in the header?

Asking because I am searching for a leak using a plumbers plug, but the plug will only hold to about 12lbs before it flies out of the dump pipe. I could build a hose and a cap to bump the pressure up higher, but I am wondering if that is needed?

Wes

It is not a fixed number it is a Dynamic number affected by many factors.

The size of the exhaust wheel and housing combination, VS, engine size, RPM, and Boost level.

The ultimate is a 1:1 back pressure to boost ratio but very hard to achieve with any response.

It is common to see 2:1 which gives great response but high EGT and lower that optimum power.

I can go on and on but I think I answered your question.

Back