• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP Dealer issues Any ideas on 18 / 20 wheels

Moosespeed

Hey guys ..... New to the site and I have been following the threads on the 18 and 20 wheels failing. I am a proud owner of a new 07 FX that looks great sitting in my garage - NOT :o| :o| :o| ..... I am dying to ride it. Anyhow I live in SW Michigan so typically I have to travel at least three hours to hit snow and about 5 to the UP which most of my crew does. I have called my dealer and explained to them about what I have been reading on the forum with the wheels failing, and horror stories of the first few miles with trashed wheels. I told them about some guys referenced to last years mid season apex replacements that seemed to work. They are not willing to do anything until there is a problem. They claim that since Yamaha has not released anything yet nor have they seen any problems (obviously because one in my are can ride because of NO SNOW). I dont want my first ride after traveling 3-5 hours to get to ride and have a breakdown that possibly coud have been prevented before hand. Any thoughts or has anyone gotten further with Yamaha on the issue? Please reply .... THANKS :Rockon:

I don't think you can blame the Dealer for not doing anything...afterall nothing is broken on your sled. Concerns are just that...concerns.

If you feel that worried about the wheels failing during your trip, then perhaps purchase some aftermarket wheels as backup, in case sh!t happens.

Just go for a ride and don't worry. Sledding is supposed to get you away from your worries.

Right now, I'm worried that the trails will not be open this year.

bad wheels will not leave you stranded. heck, all the wheels on my polaris except the rear axle wheels were seized up half of last season!

600 miles, wheels show signs of wear, when you look at them, just that wear.

As in they look used, but are straight and functional.

-Steve

I wouldn't worry about it to much, like Grimm said if its really a concern of your take a couple spare, other then that just ride and don't worry. In the late 90's Ski-doo had really bad wheels and thats what I used to ride, and loose atleast one every ride out. Doesn't affect to much. The wheels on my FX have 1050kms and still look good, and alot of those miles are spent in the air and landing hard. Just go have fun.

phazerfly said:
I wouldn't worry about it to much, like Grimm said if its really a concern of your take a couple spare, other then that just ride and don't worry. In the late 90's Ski-doo had really bad wheels and thats what I used to ride, and loose atleast one every ride out. Doesn't affect to much. The wheels on my FX have 1050kms and still look good, and alot of those miles are spent in the air and landing hard. Just go have fun.
phazerfly: Just trying ti find why we ate our wheels and others have no issues...
What track tensions are you running?
We set to the recommendated(Don't have the #'s in front of me)
Please let us know.
Thanks
Keith

Back