• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP!!! Need help ASAP!!!

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Vector LTX GT.
WEBSITE
www. Moosehead Lawn Care.com
YAHOO
colemanbodemer@yahoo.com
Hi guys I am replacing my timing chain/stub shaft bearing on my 2008 Yamaha vector LTXGT. I had to pull the crank out to get the timing chain off, and now I’m not sure about the crankshaft/ balancers. Does it matter how you put the crank back up and in on the balancers gear teeth?? Like if it is off a few teeth wouldn’t that make it have vibration??? Thanks

I am sorry you haven't had any response yet. I am just curious since I have a 2008 as well, what happened that you had to replace both the stub shaft bearing and the timing chain?
I imagine that you are correct about the balancers, they need to be aligned to the correct gear tooth. Are there no marks to align them correctly?

I am sorry you haven't had any response yet. I am just curious since I have a 2008 as well, what happened that you had to replace both the stub shaft bearing and the timing chain?
I imagine that you are correct about the balancers, they need to be aligned to the correct gear tooth. Are there no marks to align them correctly?
There is actually punch marks in the crank gear in the balancer gear that needs to be aligned up, so I assembled it correctly. Took some looking up but I got it. Sled has 30,000 miles on it, and the stub shaft bearing was sounding pretty grainy, and the timing chain was stretched on it, the marks weren’t matching up good. So I have done valve adjustment, stub shaft bearing, timing chain on this motor.

It actually told you how to align it for the repair manual on the sleds, I just took some looking to find it

The balance shaft must be timed correctly or you will get a horrible vibration. There is a dot on both the crank gear and balance shaft that must line up.

The balance shaft must be timed correctly or you will get a horrible vibration. There is a dot on both the crank gear and balance shaft that must line up.
Yup I just found that out yesterday and got it put back together correctly, thanks!! Looked it up on the repair manual

Back