• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

help piston selection

spddmon

Lifetime Member
I belive i hurt the piston rings running nos so i'me rebuilding the eng so i was wondering on witch pistons and rings to use either oe or wiseco ime also probly goingn to install a supercharger stage1. anny imput would be appreceated

I believe that the Wisco pistons are good for no boosted engines because they are light but under high cylinder pressures the Wisco skirts have a habit of colapsing. For boost aplications,I prefer the JE pistons because they will stand up to the presures much better. I have both available on are web site as well as rods,blocks etc.l

Attachments

• P1220162.JPG
    P1220162.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 93
CP Pistons have held up and performed better than any other pistons we've used so far in atvs. See if they have what you're looking for. Marc.

Al , from all I have talked to go JE pistons , and stock rings , JE also makes a nitrous piston .
I will call , I have pricing coming !

lakercr said:
JE over Wiseco, but the stock piston and rings are very good.

Hummmmmm, so should I be going with JE pistons then on mine or should I have just bought stock ones and went with head shim or went with JE? Sounds like Wiseco pistons are not the #1 choice for boost. Call me Jim.

WIESCO does not make stock compression (11.8:1)pistons , stock bore ,

only 13:1 , 10:1 or 12:1 only in 1025cc overbore!

JE does not make a stock compression piston either !

hlmrx1 said:
lakercr said:
JE over Wiseco, but the stock piston and rings are very good.

Hummmmmm, so should I be going with JE pistons then on mine or should I have just bought stock ones and went with head shim or went with JE? Sounds like Wiseco pistons are not the #1 choice for boost. Call me Jim.

Don - call me on my cell, I don't have your office # handy...

Re: pistons

blown apex said:
wisecoes=oil burning
1 qt every 100 miles for 2400 miles
did this 3 times
then used stock pistons and 3 head gaskets
bam problem gone
no oil usage

What did you set the ring end gaps to on your Wiseco pistons?

blown apex said:
wisecoes=oil burning
did this 3 times
bam problem gone
no oil usage

Thanks for selling me those Wiseco's. Thanks also telling me everything was brand new, then finding that one set of rings were already filed off, and giving me a seized wristpin.

zross1 said:
blown apex said:
wisecoes=oil burning
did this 3 times
bam problem gone
no oil usage

Thanks for selling me those Wiseco's. Thanks also telling me everything was brand new, then finding that one set of rings were already filed off, and giving me a seized wristpin.

This stinks, man, however Please take it to PM's. Someone elses thread is not the place for this.

Thanks.

-1CS

Back