• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with 09 Nytro

Your throttle cable is too tight back it off a bit and that should clear up the tors. I did the same with mine when I got it thought it had to much play in the cable so I tightened it up a bit and everytime I would turn it wouldn't move lesson learned. Hopefully it works out for ya.

t o r s is - throttle over ride swtich ,i just by passed it ...left side off the sled,just under the headlight , there is a black rubber cover , wiggle it up and there will be a bunch off wire connectors ,un plug the black and white ones ,not pulling to hard ,wires are short join the two together the two open connectors running to the dash tape up ,no more problems ,remember with this done if your throttle sticks ,when you first start it ,it will not shut off ,but thats what the kill switch is for ...hope this helps !!

Its best to just fix your throttle cable according to the manual. If you perfer to do what apracing does your best off getting a teather switch/cable and hooking it onto yourself.
IMO its best to get the tors working and let it do its job. Better then your sled taking off on you and going over a bank. even worse if you somehow stay on it.
Just sayin man its there for a reason

If it was so good than why does it cause so much problems ... A dealers dream this is tors switch is , we sled hard and run 3 to 6 thousand miles in two months and all have this by passed and since 08 I never seen one get away ... Everyone has option , that's what fixed mine ..

I don't know this guy personally but he was in the hills in west coast NL and his sled went over a bank. His throttle cable hooked a tree of some sort and strtched it while he was riding and ofcourse this opened it up. wasn't able to catch it...bye bye nytro.
I had tors issues and posted it on a local forum and he told me to keep it. I haven't had trouble sense.
Everybody has there own choice. Up to yourself.

As long as people have deep pockets , anything can be fixed .. I like be able to have total control over my throttle , ever get suck 1/2 way up mountain cause this tors , been there , rolled the sled to the bottom ... That's why they have a kill switch on the bar , with I have control off ... Any way you do what u need to do bro ...

cable

Follow the cable from where it exits the block on your handle bars, I've seen it be as simple as the cable end being pulled out from the housing and sitting beside the hole, the cable sheathing end needs to sit in the block. Also have seen a sled sitting out in freezing rain have the flipper shaft ice up and the pin couldn't float, the flipper should be able to move laterally where the pin goes through the bars for lack of another description, Plugging the black and white together is a good temp fix to get you unstuck but I'd find the root of the problem.

The adjustment is under a black rubber cover on the throttle cable just after the throttle lever also be sure that the lock nut is locking the cable to the bracket at the throttle bodies. I don't remember which direction to turn the adjusters but its a trial error method until you get it right. When you think it's at a proper tension you should be able to turn the handle bars lock to lock without throwing a code, real easy to do like a bicycle brake adjuster

With the help from Aarron and Harold at Excell Motorsports. The problem was the plastic washer on the end of the trottle shaft was stuck to the metal clip. If the washer cannot rotate on the shaft it will activate the TORS. Thanks All for the help..

Re: cable

twiz28 said:
Follow the cable from where it exits the block on your handle bars, I've seen it be as simple as the cable end being pulled out from the housing and sitting beside the hole, the cable sheathing end needs to sit in the block. Also have seen a sled sitting out in freezing rain have the flipper shaft ice up and the pin couldn't float, the flipper should be able to move laterally where the pin goes through the bars for lack of another description, Plugging the black and white together is a good temp fix to get you unstuck but I'd find the root of the problem.

Exactly. Disabling the TORS is a good temporary solution, but doing it on a permanent basis is asking for trouble.

Just happened to me today, did the by pass and didn't like how it wanted to run away on me, so I called the wife to pick me up :(

What's all involved at getting at the bottom of throttle cable to adjust? Headlights and air box removed ?

Back