• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with shock damage please

Jasonjmccoy

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro XTX

If it’s from a nytro check to see if the lower mounting shaft is bent? My buddy’s was. It’s from ice builds on top of shock and forcing the shaft and upper mount to bent on compression

If it’s from a nytro check to see if the lower mounting shaft is bent? My buddy’s was. It’s from ice builds on top of shock and forcing the shaft and upper mount to bent on compression

thanks, it is a Nytro. I don’t see anything obviously bent. Could the slides get worn down enough to cause this?

Not that I have noticed! But if I recall there is a couple ways for the lower shock linkage to be installed. One way it’s going to lower the shock mount closer to the track.

Need to get 135 mm bogey wheels.

Is the track studded? Typically the studs that are not sunk in far enough are what wear down the shock eye. It's a common problem. If your track has no studs or signs of wear maybe previous owner broke center shock and replaced it with a used one that had wear.

As mentioned above larger wheels are the solution. I have x wheels, which are larger wheels and a direct replacement. Most larger 135mm wheels from Polaris and such have wider bearings and will not work on inboard wheels mounted on shaft with bell crank unless you do some machining.

Back