• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with XTX

SledFreak said:
sleddingfarmer said:
I switched back to doo. The etec is a reliable motor, especially if you leave it totally stock...which is most peoples problem to begin with on the 2 strokes.

How long do you keep your sleds? I got a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty on my new doo.

Its going to be interesting to see if my new doo or my 09 nytro (which my brother bought) gets wrenched on more over the next few years. I'm willing to bet the nytro spends more time in the shop. Probably not motor work, but little stupid stuff.

It's not bumper to bumper and you have to pay a deductable of 50.00 bucks for every warranty claim and they don't cover everything. Read the fine print.

Well come on, its as bumper to bumper as most warranties. I read all the print. $50 per claim....who cares. It cost me 50 bucks in fuel to drive to the yamaha dealer anyways.

number1kyster - so your friend blew up a etec. Every motor blows up. Nothing is bullet proof.

If someone isn't happy with their snowmobile, I say get rid of it. The season is too short to wish you were riding something else. And life is just too short in general.

I recently got rid of my Nytro as well. Do whatever make you happy....8

Sticks in the Face said:
I absolutely agree - ride what you like

Heck ya, ride what your happy with. These sleds are so expensive now and they are all pretty dang good. I see a lot of desireable things coming from sleds from all 4 manufacturers.

My biggest complaint/ gripe from the other manufacturers is they don't make enough sleds in the color BLUE, not that they make $hitty sleds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i say ride what you like and what will fit your riding style.

;)! ;)! ;)! ;)!

Mike

The grass always seems greener on the other side. I just came over from doo looking for something better. So far it seems the Nytros have their own issues and a lot of the parts are a lot more money then they are from doo. (ie ball joints)

My Revs were pretty good to me but a few guys in our group had a lot of problems..... A LOT!

I believe all the manufactures have their issues, some models and engines more so then others but there is no perfect sled.

So what you want, it sounds like, is you want to make a change and try something different. I know I never would switch. I see to many Doo's having trouble. I went on a 1200 mile saddle bag trip a year ago with 7 Doo's and 5 of them let their owners done, none of those sled were more than one season old. It really screwed up our trip, always waiting to get them fixed, or having to rent other sleds to get us moving again, etc. etc. They are light that is for sure, and maybe a little to light in a few important places!!!! This year we were out west riding and one of the Doo's I was riding with was having troubles that he shouldn't have been have troubles with. And anyway while we were at the Doo dealer trying to find parts to get him going, we went out back and saw all the less than a year old sleds that were sitting back behind their shop with motors that had come apart at less than 1000 miles!! They were taking parts off of them to get other sleds going cause they were having so much trouble and couldn't get enough parts in fast enough. That alone was enough to make me really appreciate my Nytro. It would be a hole lot cheaper to do a few upgrades to yours and then see how you like it.

I have been riding Yamahas since I was 12 and they have been great to me but the Nytro was not comparable to my other Yamahas; I am starting to wonder if it is a Yamaha!
I have had 3 Yamahas that have went over 10,000 miles with minor maintenance every year (91 phazer, 97 vmax, and 02 viper). I have put more money into Nytro subframes then any parts for past 5 Yamahas I have owned.
I am still keeping my viper because that sled will NEVER die but I do have a brand new skidoo summit now. At the end of next year I will add up everything I do to keep the doo running and compare it to my Nytro. The Nytro needed $1475 this year just to keep it straight on the trails!

i almost sold my 08 after one year because i couldnt get it rite.decided to give it one more try with Hygears recomendations.the only item purchased was their TR front springs.wow, a completely different sled. it now tracked straight, was less tipy and steered easey. the stock skis worked better than the doo pilots for me.the pilots push bad in new snow.more Hygear plans for this summer for sure.

sleddingfarmer said:
SledFreak said:
sleddingfarmer said:
I switched back to doo. The etec is a reliable motor, especially if you leave it totally stock...which is most peoples problem to begin with on the 2 strokes.

How long do you keep your sleds? I got a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty on my new doo.

Its going to be interesting to see if my new doo or my 09 nytro (which my brother bought) gets wrenched on more over the next few years. I'm willing to bet the nytro spends more time in the shop. Probably not motor work, but little stupid stuff.

It's not bumper to bumper and you have to pay a deductable of 50.00 bucks for every warranty claim and they don't cover everything. Read the fine print.

Well come on, its as bumper to bumper as most warranties. I read all the print. $50 per claim....who cares. It cost me 50 bucks in fuel to drive to the yamaha dealer anyways.

number1kyster - so your friend blew up a etec. Every motor blows up. Nothing is bullet proof.

If someone isn't happy with their snowmobile, I say get rid of it. The season is too short to wish you were riding something else. And life is just too short in general.

sleddingfarmer, you said it was bumper to bumper and DOO warranties suck bad. Many of my DOO's had issues and they don't cover everything. Deductible is 50.00 per claim..... The 4 years you got is only on the engine and drive trail. YES warranty covers alot more with no deductiable.
But what ever... you pay more then that in gas to go to the dealer, so I guess it's errelevent. I had about 3 service bulletins on my 08 800 Can-am Outlander and I have to pay 50.00 to get them done each time... Nice...

I'm not knocking BRP here and I may be back on one soon if they come out with a higher hp DOO motor, but until then, the Nytro is my sled and I will tweak it to make it run the way it should.... I'm was just pointing out that their warranty sucks.... I doudbt that will change...

SledFreak said:
sleddingfarmer said:
SledFreak said:
sleddingfarmer said:

sleddingfarmer, you said it was bumper to bumper and DOO warranties suck bad. Many of my DOO's had issues and they don't cover everything. Deductible is 50.00 per claim..... The 4 years you got is only on the engine and drive trail. YES warranty covers alot more with no deductiable.
But what ever... you pay more then that in gas to go to the dealer, so I guess it's errelevent. I had about 3 service bulletins on my 08 800 Can-am Outlander and I have to pay 50.00 to get them done each time... Nice...

I'm not knocking BRP here and I may be back on one soon if they come out with a higher hp DOO motor, but until then, the Nytro is my sled and I will tweak it to make it run the way it should.... I'm was just pointing out that their warranty sucks.... I doudbt that will change...

The warranty on any sled is only as good as the dealership doing it or requesting it.

Thanks for all the info/imput. I just cant make up my mind. I really like me Nytro XTX but am sick of getting sore after riding.

Anyone else?

Maine-Rider said:
Thanks for all the info/imput. I just cant make up my mind. I really like me Nytro XTX but am sick of getting sore after riding.

Anyone else?

Have you ever though about have your shocks re-valved for your weight and riding style?

dirkdiggler said:
Maine-Rider said:

Anyone else?

Have you ever though about have your shocks re-valved for your weight and riding style?

Nope. Will that help with the heavy steering?

Maine-Rider said:
dirkdiggler said:
Maine-Rider said:

Anyone else?

Nope. Will that help with the heavy steering?

If the shocks are properly set you should be able to dial out heavy steering.

Back