• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

High Mileage 07 Phazer????

andyroo

Hi everyone
I’m looking at a 07 Phazer with 19,000 km.
I just started looking at different sleds for my son and I don’t know a whole lot about these sleds. I’m am starting to read all the posts now to educate myself on them.

is 19000km high for these little high spinning motors?

I know the Apex motor goes forever.

How long do these 07 motors last?

Thanks

If it has been used regularly, not abused, and well maintained I would have no reservations about that mileage. On the other hand a low mileage 'barn find' that was not a priority in the owners life could have all sorts of small issues that can drive a guy nuts, especially with an impatient kid in the background who just wants to ride. Note that the '07 needs to have had some important updates done. Your dealer can run the serial number to check that.

If it has been used regularly, not abused, and well maintained I would have no reservations about that mileage. On the other hand a low mileage 'barn find' that was not a priority in the owners life could have all sorts of small issues that can drive a guy nuts, especially with an impatient kid in the background who just wants to ride. Note that the '07 needs to have had some important updates done. Your dealer can run the serial number to check that.

Thanks for the reply.
I checked it out.
It’s definitely showing it’s age.
The front end was super loose.
All bushings had slop and it was so twitchy and darting everywhere.
A little scary.
But the engine was great!!!

There is lots of info here on what is required to tighten all that up. The good news is that if you don't pay too much for it you can do it yourself and it is NEW again.

What kind of shape was the track in?

Hi everyone
I’m looking at a 07 Phazer with 19,000 km.
I just started looking at different sleds for my son and I don’t know a whole lot about these sleds. I’m am starting to read all the posts now to educate myself on them.

is 19000km high for these little high spinning motors?

I know the Apex motor goes forever.

How long do these 07 motors last?

Thanks
Bought an 08 for my girlfriend a couple years ago and bushings were the first to be replaced everywhere on the front end. Unless you have a lot of patience and a full day to burn I suggest letting a shop replace them for you. The lower inside A-arm bushings are so hard to get at that some people remove the whole front frame. I did not but lots of scraped knuckles when finally finished lol.
As for mileage, 19,000 isn’t high. 40,000kms isn’t near high, engine wise, but wearable/replaceable parts will most likely need attention unless the previous owner kept on top of them.

03 Rx1
06 VK Pro
08 Phazer
15 VK Pro
16 RS Venture TF

There is lots of info here on what is required to tighten all that up. The good news is that if you don't pay too much for it you can do it yourself and it is NEW again.

What kind of shape was the track in?
The track was actually pretty good. He said it was new but it was a little worn.
He only has the sled for a year and didn’t have any info on when any of the bearings were replaced.
I walked away from this deal.

Bought an 08 for my girlfriend a couple years ago and bushings were the first to be replaced everywhere on the front end. Unless you have a lot of patience and a full day to burn I suggest letting a shop replace them for you. The lower inside A-arm bushings are so hard to get at that some people remove the whole front frame. I did not but lots of scraped knuckles when finally finished lol.
As for mileage, 19,000 isn’t high. 40,000kms isn’t near high, engine wise, but wearable/replaceable parts will most likely need attention unless the previous owner kept on top of them.

03 Rx1
06 VK Pro
08 Phazer
15 VK Pro
16 RS Venture TF

Thank you.
Good to know.
I will keep searching

I walked away from this deal.

How come? Asking too much? It didn't sound like it was too bad except for the front end slop.

i think it was pat the rat that got an 07 phazer over 55000 km and sold it to up grade his wife to a venture. highest miled one i know about. have an 09 that some one beat hard before i got it around the 13000km. after a subframe, arm, link, rails and track it is a fun little bugger.

i think it was pat the rat that got an 07 phazer over 55000 km and sold it to up grade his wife to a venture. highest miled one i know about. have an 09 that some one beat hard before i got it around the 13000km. after a subframe, arm, link, rails and track it is a fun little bugger.
Wow!!! Crazy mileage!!

Back