• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

highlifter radiator

grizz 5

Extreme
YAHOO
atessman
just installed the highlifter radiator and new fan, so far it is keeping the engine cooler but have not taken it through any mud yet. last week when it was 93 degrees i was driving the grizz hard and the temp only got up to about 190. i'll keep you guys posted on how it does after i take it through some mud ;)!

Are you still happy with the updated radiator? Are they expensive or worth every cent? Are they difficult to put in or straight forward? I am thinking of one myself but i know i will pay a premium up here in Canada.......Thanks in advance...Irv

alright guys ,tested the radiator out,took it deep through the mud and it ran cool all day 190 and under on slow moving trails.but the next day i didn't wash it it out and it got up to 220 but it took 2 hrs of hard riding to get that hot. the prarie 700 was hot after about 30 mins of riding stay cool all :-o

grizz 5 said:
alright guys ,tested the radiator out,took it deep through the mud and it ran cool all day 190 and under on slow moving trails.but the next day i didn't wash it it out and it got up to 220 but it took 2 hrs of hard riding to get that hot. the prarie 700 was hot after about 30 mins of riding stay cool all :-o
In your honest opinion, since you're running Engine Ice as well as the new radiator, are both upgrades required for your riding or would one or the other be sufficient?

(Planning my "off-season" upgrades)

Hey Steve, I would just go with the engine ice.I don't think the new radiator is worth 400 bucks

hey Steve,i heard that you can purchase the highlifter fan and shroud seperate from the radiator for about a $100 .I think that would be worth the money. If you need to see what it looks like you can come over and check it out.I don't live to far away from you :Rockon:

That is good to know. Mine has never overheated but with the 686 it is really taxing the sysytem. $400.00 US may seem steep but when it cost you $10,000 to buy the machine it is a small price to pay for peace of mind. :ORC

Sparky,

I'd look into a temp gauge before I spent the $$$ on the rad setup. Either way, it'll be good to know where you're temps are running with or without the setup.

I really have to get over to see Grizz 5's stuff now that I'm in "shop mode". ;)!

Back