• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hindel muffler on turbo viper?

sneakattak88

Expert
Thinking of adding a Hindle on my MPI kit,, anybody else do this? is it worth the $$$ Dave @ Hurricane claims it has a bunch of horse power,, and if I do this i might get his power commander at the same time...

Don't know specifics on the hindle exhaust but I went from the original mpi quiet exhaust to a 2.5" free flowing exhaust and the power gains were awesome!! At 8psi my viper gained 27 hp by switching to the free flowing exhaust, no other boost or fuel changes, just a direct exhaust swap.

I have a buddy that I ride with that has Dave's power up kit which includes the Hindle muffler and he said he noticed a huge difference in power. I have his muffler too but on my Stage 2 kit.

Stupid question, there's no fitment issues after the turbo install for the Hindle or MBRP or other viper can?

I never looked but I figured that MPI would have had free reign to adjust the bolt pattern to only allow MPI muffler install.

Stupid question, there's no fitment issues after the turbo install for the Hindle or MBRP or other viper can?

I never looked but I figured that MPI would have had free reign to adjust the bolt pattern to only allow MPI muffler install.

Standard viper cans won't fit with the turbo, it uses a completely different style exhaust.

Yes it has to be a turbo specific to the type of turbo you are running they all mount a bit different just get the mpi race can it sounds awesome and huge HP gains over quiet can.G

Yes it has to be a turbo specific to the type of turbo you are running they all mount a bit different just get the mpi race can it sounds awesome and huge HP gains over quiet can.G
Thanks for the input. It's on my wish list.

Is it pretty dang loud? I too would like something different but I don't want to annoy everyone and also drone myself out.

Thanks for the input. It's on my wish list.
oh come on let the moths out of the wallet and break in that new 24% credit card!!!

You know you want one! it is sooooo shiny

Viper Can.jpg

Is it pretty dang loud? I too would like something different but I don't want to annoy everyone and also drone myself out.
\\
Mine is not loud and have been chased and pulled over several times by cops in MI and WI never a mention of the noise

Back