• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hindle exhauste

rayone02

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex 2012 nytro xtx 2006 attak
Started taking exhauste apart on the nytro noticed dents on the three straight pipes. Figuring caused by snow and ice. Any possible fix or have to buy new?

Attachments

• 20171129_185441.jpg
    20171129_185441.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 287

I have the exact same thing happen. Talked to Hindle and they said that it won't hurt the motor in any way. I've been told some guys will heat the pipe red hot and push a plug through the pipe to expand it back into shape (just use a socket on an extension). I plan on doing mine some time when I have time.

Wow! What is the gauge of the metal? Likely harmless but I am sure not a great feeling.

X2 wow
I just installed a full hindle exhaust, gauge is thicker than stock and seems more than thick enough not to dent like that...

Rayone02 how many km’s on the hindle ?

take a lot bigger dent than that to hurt exh flow.

Hey Fabio have any pics of the Hindle Exhust or maybe a sound clip?
Did you get that through Hurricane and did you get the full upgrade kit or just the exhust?

I’m thinking about the upgrade kit but still on the fence. ( price wise)

I seen the kit at the TO show last month . Sure is pretty. Just need to figure out how we can make a see through gas tank and seat to see that exhaust. Lol

Jason 22 i have the full hindle package with air box, clutch weights and pcV. Ill get you a sound clip this week. I scored mine used for about $700 cad for everything. Couldnt turn it down for that price lol

Hey Jason no sound clip yet as I’m still doing a few things to my nytro.
Yes I got the full power up kit from David at hurricane, I was also on the fence with the hurricane kit but David offered a 15% discount plus free shipping and his customer service is price less so I couldn’t resist.
Since I put on the split rail skis and a few other goodies I’ve come to love the nytro so I decided I’m gonna keep it for years to come that’s another reason I went with the hurricane kit.

Pedros a sound clip would be awesome since I’m still a week or two away from firing it up, wanting to hear how it sounds is killing me lol... do you have the db reducer? David told me that it’s not much louder than stock and not really needed but can always be added.

An exhaust is in my future... don't want annoying loud but nice burble and some power would be cool...

I’ve only heard one good sound clip. And I think Hindle did it themselves. Driving around a building. Everyone seems to do them. Only problem is they do them in a garage or outside with exhust bouncing of the wall their parked in front.( good intentions I know)
I had MBRP on it last winter. Lasted all of 50 km. Took it back off. Annoying as hell.
I want something that’s mellow but deep.
I know my buddy had a Hindle exhust on his R1 bike and it sounds really nice. So if it comes close to that I’d be happy.

Fabio I only live about an hour from Hurricane and work 15 minutes from him.
I was thinking if I bought kit I’d just get him to install it all and make sure it’s setup right.

So with full exhaust on Dave said the dB reducer is not needed?

Did you get the clutch kit that Dave sells to go with the Hindle kit?

I love the looks of the Splite rails with black spindles but wow there expensive.
Plus there have been a few people on here that say that while there good they can be a pain. When they get a few miles on them.
Something to do with the pins,bushings,collers
Get wore and are a pain to change.

Yes Dave told me he makes money on selling parts but also said he won’t sell me something I don’t need which is the dB reducer..

I had the Schmidt brothers stage 2 clutch kit on my nytro which I’ve been told works with the hurricane kit but I would just need to add a bit of weight to the tip of the arms to keep the motor from over revving but I decided to go with the hurricane clutch kit which comes with the helix and preloaded arms and uses both stock springs, I’m gonna keep the Schmidt primary spring and rollers on because they lower the rpm engagement down to 2900 or so which Dave said it should be ok with his kit because it only affects the engagement, so I’ll see how that goes and take it from there...

The kit is very easy to install if you decide to do it on your own and Dave is awesome at helping if you do run into something that you are not sure about, he answered my emails within minutes every time...

Yes I also know some have had trouble with the split skis but so far i haven’t, every negative feature the nytro has stock is gone with the split rail skis it’s unreal how they transformed my sled...

Ran the Hurricane hindle for three years no problems really wakes up the sled. I am using Ulmer's clutch kit, pv5 with auto tune. I did install the db reducer didn't want to take a chance riding to get any attention from the DNR in Michigan.

I was thinking of the clutch kit to go along. With the Hindle kit.
Last winter I did add the 14.5 g rollers and YPY spring to drop engagement down to 2900 or so. But for some reason to me it seems it mite be over Reving. You can press throttle and rpms go up but it seems I’m not going any faster. ( clutch workings is a mystery to me)
If Dave said. I can keep engagement at 2900 with his kit and it still work properly that be nice .

I have the soft start spring and full hurricane package with added weight in the primary. Will see how she rips this year! Bring on the snow

Back