• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hindle exhauste

Thanks Pedro. Good to know. If I go to do it. I’m thinking I mite just get Dave to do instal if he wants. Both exhaust and clutch kit. And set it up .

An exhaust is in my future... don't want annoying loud but nice burble and some power would be cool...

Herd the barker pipe by its self adds 15 h/p true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barker claimed 12hp.....absolute bull crap. Its a muffler and any slip on is worth 2-4 hp....been there and done that. There is no technology in a muffler that will make that kind of power. The Barker is also stupid loud as it's a small (short) muffler. The longer the muffler the quieter....Barkers is rated at about 104db....not quiet by any stretch of the imagination....

Barker claimed 12hp.....absolute bull crap. Its a muffler and any slip on is worth 2-4 hp....been there and done that. There is no technology in a muffler that will make that kind of power. The Barker is also stupid loud as it's a small (short) muffler. The longer the muffler the quieter....Barkers is rated at about 104db....not quiet by any stretch of the imagination....

It sounds awesome when the rpms are up and you're playing in powder or climbing hills. May not give 12hp but is more than 4. Have to run a power commander to get the most out of it.

Last edited:
I’m sorry but that ( barkers)? Is a noise contraption. I can understand if your a 20 year old and take everything to heart that Snowtrax reports. By all means. Waste your money. But your lucky if it it will make 3 hp.
It’s funny how people think if it’s load. It’s gotta be making power.

PS. Is you happen to see an ol geezer on a Nytro stop and give me some ear plugs before. You crack on it.

Been there done that.
Listen to your elders. Thy mite know a thing or too.

I’m sorry but that ( barkers)? Is a noise contraption. I can understand if your a 20 year old and take everything to heart that Snowtrax reports. By all means. Waste your money. But your lucky if it it will make 3 hp.
It’s funny how people think if it’s load. It’s gotta be making power.

PS. Is you happen to see an ol geezer on a Nytro stop and give me some ear plugs before. You crack on it.

Been there done that.
Listen to your elders. Thy mite know a thing or too.
The great thing about Canada is we can all have an opinion. However some people's opinion without proof of fact is now a uneducated opinion.

Now as a person who is in the late 40s and rides in the mountains the noisy exhaust systems allows us to track where people and I have seen performance gains over stock.

Believe what you want but don't knock something without proof. Been running a barker for over 5 years and not a trail rider like some.

Last edited:
I understand louder is sometimes better. In your case. Yes mountains I can see your point where it helps you judge where people are even if you can’t see them. But in my opinion loud does get annoying. I had a mbrp can. On my Nytro. And it lasted all of 50 km. Before taking it off.

But I do stand true on hp rating. There’s no way a can will add that much horses. When a complete exhaust barely gets that much.
But like you said we are all entitled to our opinion.

Main thing is we all enjoy this sport. No matter if it’s in the mountains or a flat lander.

I understand louder is sometimes better. In your case. Yes mountains I can see your point where it helps you judge where people are even if you can’t see them. But in my opinion loud does get annoying. I had a mbrp can. On my Nytro. And it lasted all of 50 km. Before taking it off.

But I do stand true on hp rating. There’s no way a can will add that much horses. When a complete exhaust barely gets that much.
But like you said we are all entitled to our opinion.

Main thing is we all enjoy this sport. No matter if it’s in the mountains or a flat lander.
Agreed! We all enjoy the sport.

I was just stating that’s what barker had said about the exhaust, was just looking to see what people thought lol

The great thing about Canada is we can all have an opinion. However some people's opinion without proof of fact is now a uneducated opinion.

Now as a person who is in the late 40s and rides in the mountains the noisy exhaust systems allows us to track where people and I have seen performance gains over stock.

Believe what you want but don't knock something without proof. Been running a barker for over 5 years and not a trail rider like some.

I hear you, I didn’t believe the article, was really look for some input from riders that installed one. Don’t know how Barker would claim this h/p gain We all know if h/p was that cheep we’d all be running turbos [emoji52]

Proof on the Barker....years back a member on here added it to his full bolt on set up...Excell header, K&Ns, PC 3.... it added 4 hp. Like I said before, there is no magic in a muffler...any slipon will make 2-4 hp across the power band and that's about it.

I have two Nytros XTX. 2010 stock. 2009 has Excell exhaust, pc5, Ulmer clutching and K&N filters.
The 09 will do circles around the 10. I was told around 18 horse. I believe it.
What are you pulling for top end.

Back