• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hindle exhauste

Pedros do you have the smaller rollers to or just the springs ?

Just the spring, im waiting on my stub shaft bearing, once i have it back together ill take a sound clip for you!

I believe so right around there, i will confirm this week for you guys when i get the primary back on!

I just installed the SB comfort clutch kit and the smaller rollers combined with his softer spring (same as noted in this thread or sourced as parts alone) reduces clutch engagement to 2750-2800 as far as I can tell on the stand. Chris sells his kit for $149 I think which is a few dollars more than sourcing the parts themselves but we'll worth it to support a passionate Yamaha / Nytro company. I like to keep these guys going and tinkering in this day and age of internet sourcing...

Fabio and jason22 the primary engages at 3000rpm thats with the sled on a stand. So on the ground should be around the same or 2900. Supposed to get some snow soon ill get a sound clip of the exhaust

Fabio and jason22 the primary engages at 3000rpm thats with the sled on a stand. So on the ground should be around the same or 2900. Supposed to get some snow soon ill get a sound clip of the exhaust

This is good to know. I've been keeping a close eye on this thread too, as Fabio and I have been discussing this topic a lot lately...lol. Or more so, he's been coaching me on the subject. I've got my complete stock exhaust taken out waiting for the Hurricane Upgrade Kit to arrive, and also have the SB Stage ll clutch kit for the past several seasons. It'll be nice to maintain that low, smooth engagement.

I bought my 14.5 g rollers separately for $50/each kinda pricey for what they are. But hey can’t take your money with ya.
Funny thing is. The rollers date back to the SRX years.
I bought the YPY spring separately also. I think all together it was $250. But I kept my business to local Yamaha. Mite pay more. But when you need a favour they always remember you and your business to them .

The only thing I’m worried about with the rollers and spring is over reving.

Fabio when you bought your upgrade kit did the programmer already come ready to run.?
Plug and play? Or do you have to give specifics about your sled?

Jason it comes as plug and play, Dave at hurricane loads him fuel map in the pc5

Yes they need to know what air intake and exhaust your running or any other mods (turbo,chargers)

Thanks Pedro good to know. But really all I know is that it has a charger. I’m assuming it has upgrade fuel pumps etc. Not sure about air intakes. Looks kinda stock to me.

Once you have air intake and exhaust you have to add weight on the cam arms in the primary or you will over rev at WOT. But if you buy through dave i believe the kit has these included.

Back