• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hood removal pics and instructions

As you can see by the crusty top screw pic I added a small piece of Stainless to the indent. Its from the body trim kits you get for trucks and cars. Even has 3M tape on it. Cut it out and drilled a hole. Has worked great and fixed the bagged out stock oversize hole in hood. Not sure if I like idea of the knobs. If they offered Dzus fastners for all I would be in. They dont loosen.

No i didn't bother! We have 2 2014 and i only remove hoods on both sleds once a year(for maintenance) no need for this imo
.ya the wife has a 2014 i just sold my 1200 and got a 2015 viper with only 600km..never had a prob with hers..but read all kinds of storys about having to get to the fuse box for relays... might just take my chances and leave them be.. never have had to get to her vipers fuse box in 2 years... so hopfully wont have to with mine either..

.ya the wife has a 2014 i just sold my 1200 and got a 2015 viper with only 600km..never had a prob with hers..but read all kinds of storys about having to get to the fuse box for relays... might just take my chances and leave them be.. never have had to get to her vipers fuse box in 2 years... so hopfully wont have to with mine either..
Honestly and from my experiences spend money on snow trackers(if you have single keel skis) or curves skis to rail corners on trail, add turbo if you want more power(don't bother with all the mods like clutching, pipe,airbox,pc5 i did all this and difference was minimal from stock waste of $$imo) do maintenance yearly and ride! I have never blew a fuse and if i do taking hood off 1 time every 3 years on side of trail will not be a big deal!!! We still run the orginal tri hub on both sleds with the outside wheel kits and no issues there either.
Both my wife's and my sled have run flawless (mine is turboed)

If the fuse box really bothers you, you can mount it so you can access from side panel!

I put woodys carbides "duals" on the wifes single keel skis ..she does alrite with them...mine has the tuner skis... have to see if i like them or not... and both have the 4th wheel kits..thinking of adding another wheel up front to, where the sliders usally wear..run dupont slides so they hold up pretty good

Ya i looked at the fuse relocate kit from barn of parts.. but by the time i get 2 of them to canada it ll be 300 or more... i can curse the hood a couple times to save that money lol...just built a 30x30 shop..so trying not to spend money i might not need to

I put woodys carbides "duals" on the wifes single keel skis ..she does alrite with them...mine has the tuner skis... have to see if i like them or not... and both have the 4th wheel kits..thinking of adding another wheel up front to, where the sliders usally wear..run dupont slides so they hold up pretty good
My wife runs slim jims 6" dual carbides and likes them too! But she doesn't ride as aggressive as me! I tried them and they don't bite enough! I personally never tried tuners but have friends that have and did not like them(ride aggressive) they all switched skis.

Ya thats whats on my wifes.. i ve heard that about the tuners...i fig i ll try them..if i dont like them i ll look for a single keel sett and put snowtrackers on them..

Ya i looked at the fuse relocate kit from barn of parts.. but by the time i get 2 of them to canada it ll be 300 or more... i can curse the hood a couple times to save that money lol...just built a 30x30 shop..so trying not to spend money i might not need to
Don't need it like i said we never blew a relay or fuse in 3 seasons on both sleds and if i do hood comes of in 5 minutes on side of trail..lol
I changed original sliders on both sleds at 3000km and they still had meat at the spot you are talking about!!

Ya thats whats on my wifes.. i ve heard that about the tuners...i fig i ll try them..if i dont like them i ll look for a single keel sett and put snowtrackers on them..
A cheaper alternative if you don't like the tuners is to switch your tuners with your wife's single keel skis (direct swap) if she is not a aggressive rider then tuners will be perfect for her!! And you take single keels and try slims jims if you don't like get aggressive snow trackers!!!

Ya that would work eh..might try that if i dont like em..thxs bud

Back