• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How are the trails in the UP?

We rode Black Lake Friday, Paradise, Grand Marais, Brimley areas Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. 425 miles. Trails were great in those areas.

I have a cabin in Watersmeet. I will be heading there first week of March. I think they have around 8 to 10 inches of base on the trails.

We started in Kinross Wed 17 th ran to Grand Marais trails Ok. Then head to Musing trails were great. We started heading back on on Friday trails were totally beat up. Anything south trails all dirt and ice. We left today and it got up to 36 so the trail started turning to slush.

Just got back from Paradise. Trails are detoriating bad. Thursday was good. Friday morning was good. Afternoon got real warm with no clouds. Trails started detoriating and get pretty soft. Dirt started to show on some corners. Saturday same thing. Seemed to be a little worse in the afternoon. Sun is a killer. It is like March riding. Snirty for the firts 7 miles out of any town, almost mud. Then a few sections here and there that are getting pretty beat down to dirt. They are supposedly going to get more snow. Who knows though.

Just got back from Houghton. Ran to Sturgeon river gorge on Friday and trails were good except for the ride back from Twin Lake to Houghton was rough. Rode to Copper Harbor and back on Saturday and the same thing, good in the Morning but very very rough in the afternoon. The snow was melting very fast and things were getting snirty. Temps were in the thirties with strong sun all days.

Back