• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Cold is Vector

Never had a problem of staying warm. I have the low Blue chrome windshield on my and the only time I got cold when it was about -15 F and that was motly my hads due to my handle bar riser. The olny trouble I had starting my sled in the morning was when it was -20 F. Then you would crank it for a few seconds and then let it sit then repeat after a couple of times doing that she fires up. Loomy

It's a lot warmer with the stock windshield versus the low one. I even added powermadd handguards and sledding in 0 degree weather is cold. I wish i would have kept my stocker on for last weekends ride. But overall the sled is alot warmer than a rev I rode.

I like the windshield height of the stocker. My SX had a low rise from the factory, and while it looked cool, it was COOL. Froze when I rode it and had frost problems with the face shield. Switched to a medium rise and couldn't believe the difference in warmth. Also picked up a little top end due to the wind not hitting me smack dab in the chest. ;)!

With a large wide windshield my back gets too cold. I didn't mind the Vector stock shield one bit. I've logged 2200 on this one as of last week. But the weather has not been below -20 f.

ssvolvo said:
With a large wide windshield my back gets too cold. I didn't mind the Vector stock shield one bit. I've logged 2200 on this one as of last week. But the weather has not been below -20 f.

Interesting you say that because my back got cold too and I'm wondering if the Venture windshield I put on is the culprit?

u guys think these windshields r bad..wait for the 06 stock windshields. i personally bought a low chrome windshieldand i have an open face helmet. i do have to admit, it does get a big chilly when it approaches 0 but other than that wind deflection is pretty good. i also put powermadds on so it does help the hands a bit.

Hands were real cold until Bluedog turned me on to the SkiDoo gauntlets which fit very well. Now most of the time I dont even need the handwarmers cranked up. Cost about $20

Back