• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how do i install a new track

Paul61001

hey i was wonding if anyone has detailed instructions on how to remove the old track and reinstall a new one. pics would be great. i have access to a lift at work so that should help by lifting the rear and sliding out the suspention. thanks for the help

Not detailed but first remove Chaincase cover and lower gear,Remove suspension next.Then you will see the bearing for driveshaft is in a housing that is removable.Remove it.Then go to other side and unbolt the three bolts holding the flange bearing in.Push track as far up into front of tunnel as you can and then pull diveshaft toward chaincase.Shaft will fall out at this point.Change the leftside bearing and reverse procedure to install new track.Look for a arrow on track so it is on right direction.Arrow goes track direction.

Phazer is an easy sled to change the track on. I did one once in 50 min during a lunch break at the race track!!!

Just follow what Cannondale said its relay quick!! Disconnect the battery as well to prevent any chance of arcing,,,,

Cannondale, what do you mean by 'change the left side bearing'? Is this just a precaution since it wears? Or, did you mean re-install the left side bearing?

Go with Cannondales directions, It isn't that bad of a job. i had never doen one and I thought it was pretty easy.

good luck.

RedPhazer said:
Cannondale, what do you mean by 'change the left side bearing'? Is this just a precaution since it wears? Or, did you mean re-install the left side bearing?

Yes just a precaution.At least regrease it while its out though.

here is a pic of the bearing and plate.

Attachments

• img024.jpg
    img024.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 77
  • img011.jpg
    img011.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 79
you have to take off the battery, the battery mount, the emergency brake, the brake caliper and rotor and then the chaincase cover.

Attachments

• S5001030.JPG
    S5001030.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 84
remove the chain adjuster, the upper gear and the chain. Take the nut off of the rear gear and remove the gear - then take out the bolts on the bearing retainer.

Attachments

• S5001031.JPG
    S5001031.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 78
on the other side, take out the 12mm bolts holding the guard for the speedo and the retainer ring for the bearing. You also have to take the bolt off the end of the driveshaft that holds on the speedo splined gear.

Attachments

• S5001032.JPG
    S5001032.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 75
once you have all that out of the way, you can work the driveshaft out of the chain case and remove the driver and track.

Back