• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How do you like your Phazer so far?

In completely stock condition, I would give it a 7.
My main issues are: tunnel ice, front end push, totally crap idler wheels, and a very tender underbelly (don't ask!)

After closing tunnel, adding 4.5" shaper bars, reworking idler wheel mounts to accept 2003 rx1 wheels and adjusting the suspension, I would give it a 9.

For fun factor on a twisty rutted trail, a definite 10+++

The die cast frame by the track drivers is still very susceptable to damage and a skid plate will not protect this area. What does a left side frame pannel cost????

Everyone who has issues with snow buildup on the outside of the tunnel and running boards, click I that link I made in my above post. I think those panels that close off the sides of the tunnel may remedy much, if not all of your issues with snow buildup.

i would rate mine as a 9,i love that little thing,so easy to ride.the ice is an issue but i installed homemade pannels before riding my first mile cause i knew it would be a problem,its still icing even with the pannels some.starts better than my rx at -25,the motor turns twice and fires right up every time,23mpg,no oil and no stinky clothes is a plus for me.my 2 cents

I rate it a 9 I would give it a 10 but I have to put money in it for the halifax. but over all I love the way it handles and the power isnt that bad. 10 more horsepower would be great

I would rate it a 9/10 for me. Mnt lite model I ride strictly high alpine and don't climb the really steep stuff anymore so for me it's perfect. I'm 160 so I have no problems with any suspension or the power. I have it set to soft.
Closed off the tunnel, put on a free flow exhaust, air box mod, and a 2in riser.
I have not ridden my other to sleds at all this year. Summit 670 and RMK 600.

A turbo would be a nice but it would probably just get me into trouble and I don't think it would turn it into a serious hillclimbing machine unless you could change the track 14 x 144 is not enough.
I have 700 miles on it all mountain riding.

I love mine. It's easy to ride, easy to jump, and is a blast in the powder and drift busting. Probably the most fun sled I've ever ridden.

There are some issues, the ice can be annoying but it's pretty easy to kick it off the tunnel. If they say it's ok to close off the tunnel I will, but it's not that big of an issue for me. I'm not keen on the 1 inch track, would have preferred a 1 1/4.

Octane said:
Everyone who has issues with snow buildup on the outside of the tunnel and running boards, click I that link I made in my above post. I think those panels that close off the sides of the tunnel may remedy much, if not all of your issues with snow buildup.

Nope Yamaha panels are not the answer. I have them and the bottoms of My gore-tex bibs are frozen/soaked every ride.

Superman said:
Octane said:

Nope Yamaha panels are not the answer. I have them and the bottoms of My gore-tex bibs are frozen/soaked every ride.
Thats why I said they "may" fix that issue. I dont own a Phazer, much less a Phazer with that accessory on it, so I cant say for certain whether it will or wont work.
At the very least they seem to lessen snow buidup. There was a Phazer at the demo rides today in Mincoqua, WI that had that accessory on it and it had less snow buildup on it than the other Phazers did.
None of them really had so much snow buildup that I would call it excessive though.

8-9 I got what I wanted ! A sled that reminds me of the old Phazer a bit ! Nimble, enthusiastic,economical,well made, easy to drive, and a whole lotta fun in its' class at this price point. With some adjustments it can be made to do a lot for an experienced rider too. Probably all the sled you need for the TRAILS in reality. I wish I was riding instead of typing !!!!!

I would probably give the phazer fx a 2 or 3.

The reason for this rating has to do with a few things. First the biggest thing is the constant overheating issue. Always tipping the sled over to clean out the heat exchanger isnt fun. Also the huge ice buildup problem that they have. I think that a standard 1.25 in track would have been way better for when you are in the powder, because with the 1 in track all they do is spin. And when you call yamaha about the overheating and icing problems they pretty much deny that there is a problem and say that they havent heard about it yet.

When everything works right the sled is pretty fun to ride, its easy to throw around and good in the ditches. I just wish yamaha would have tested the phazer in different conditions before they released it.

I got one a few weeks ago.It is a blast for me.I kept my 98 SRX for real fast stuff but alot of my riding is from house through ditches to river and trails if open.This sled is perfect for this and I have found myself looking for jumps.Its FUN.
Did have temp warning come on a few times and would like less engine braking.My new Cover got ripped from foot supports fixed issue like this but Yamaha should have rounded edges they are sharp.I have the clicker shocks on front and cheapos on rear am in process of getting feel I want out of sled but that is a fun thing to do since it lets you find more drifts for testing.Here is pic of fix for cover ripping.Looking forward to joining you guys here.Thanks for great site.

Attachments

• Phazer Footsupport.jpg
    Phazer Footsupport.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 73
I'll give mine a 9 out of 10. I've been extremely happy with the handling and performance. I actually enjoy rough trail and off trail riding now! I've added the medium windshield and wind deflectors to my FX. Have 927 miles and will be replacing my hyfax before this weekend. I'm sure the low snow conditions contributed to that. Sounds like I need to close the hole. That makes a mess of the sled. I did lose the medallion on the nose at about 300 miles. Not a big deal; I replaced it right away. Side bolts on the tunnel have wore holes through the inside of my snowpants. Probably more to do with my short legs than the sled. :yam:

Back