• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Does Your Yamaha Dealership Stack-Up?

Bodacious

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Please DON"T identify your dealer if your experiences have been less than desirable! Just wondering how your local Yamaha dealer treats you as far as doing their best to get you back on the trail, and do they have parts in stock most or some of the time? In my area , I've have not had much luck in this department....it's kinda like...well, your sled is under warranty, we'll look at it and order the parts when we get around to it. If it sits in here for 11-12 days to have a jackshaft bearing replaced...that's not abnormal. (sure wish I lived closer to Greenland, Mi!) My experience has been that our Yamaha, Doo, and Poo dealerships all have they same laid back additude. Sales dept tell a great story, but service pretty much sucks. When I purchased my Attak, I paid (and it was my choice) almost $500.00 more than my lowest OTD price for this unit. I was OK with this because I was able to buy locally and was assured that I would be taken quickly taken care of, when and if service issues arose! I guess next time I'll just strickly price shop. :o|

To bad that your getting lousy service, I deal with mcGregor's sportsline in Bobcaygeon and they have great service, sometimes they have to order parts but they always have you ready for the weekend, very reasonable prices and just a bunch of great people in general

my dealer will do what every is in there power to get you on the trail asap,i have had them take parts off of a floor model to get me going again,that is why i don't mind paying a little more up front on the sled ,i know the service will be there when i need it STONE'S SNOW SLED ,NEWARK N.Y.

local dealer sucks, thats why I go through Port. LOL Maxdlx

My dealer got me a fairly good deal but as far as service I only let them do the intial service and will be doing oil changes and general maint. myself. I don't believe they have a very knowledgeble Yamaha staff? Wish they would check out this site.

My dealer is The Hitching Post in Coon Rapids, Minnesota and they give me awesome customer service. They installed fuel shut off valves on my 05 RX-1 for free. They always wash and clean my sled after it has been serviced. Their service manager is knowledgeable, and their sales staff always give me a good deal. I couldn't be happier. ;)!

Bodacious said:
Please DON"T identify your dealer if your experiences have been less than desirable! Just wondering how your local Yamaha dealer treats you as far as doing their best to get you back on the trail, and do they have parts in stock most or some of the time? In my area , I've have not had much luck in this department....it's kinda like...well, your sled is under warranty, we'll look at it and order the parts when we get around to it. If it sits in here for 11-12 days to have a jackshaft bearing replaced...that's not abnormal. (sure wish I lived closer to Greenland, Mi!) My experience has been that our Yamaha, Doo, and Poo dealerships all have they same laid back additude. Sales dept tell a great story, but service pretty much sucks. When I purchased my Attak, I paid (and it was my choice) almost $500.00 more than my lowest OTD price for this unit. I was OK with this because I was able to buy locally and was assured that I would be taken quickly taken care of, when and if service issues arose! I guess next time I'll just strickly price shop. :o|

Well, since I do all of my own service I gues I've been very happy with myself this season! I have two choices for parts. One dealer is very close to me and typically won't have parts in stock when I need them. The other is about a 30 minute drive and usually has what I want. i try to split my business between them as they are both good shops. If I can wait a few days for parts I'll have them sent in to the closer shop, if I need it ASAP, I'll go for a drive.

Markham Mower here in Ontario Canada north of Toronto is a dream dealer. You couldn't ask for nicer friendlier people that go the extra mile every time you walk though the door to make sure you are happy when you leave. Can't say enough good about them. I wouldn't deal with anyone else.

a7m266d said:
Markham Mower here in Ontario Canada north of Toronto is a dream dealer. You couldn't ask for nicer friendlier people that go the extra mile every time you walk though the door to make sure you are happy when you leave. Can't say enough good about them. I wouldn't deal with anyone else.

Umm, shouldn't you be in Quebec right now...?

F&S Yamaha and Marine, Hanover, PA. They ride and know sleds. Always taken good care of me and anyone I send there. Always have great pre-season deals on apparel and gear. Even gave me full credit for my crappy Coldwave saddlebags that lasted 23 miles in Quebec, even though I threw them away in St Raymond. Took a rear shock off an ER to put on my GT when I had to ride midseason after a seal busted in Quebec on my revavled Ohlins.

My dealership (Renolds Motor sports in Buxton Maine) Sucks. I just bought my 06 attak from them and about $1000.00 in cloths. When my tranfer rod was frozen they told me it would be 7-8 days to get it in. They also were going to make me pay for it, even know it should have been under warrenty. I had to fight with them to get them to pull a transfer rod of a sled they had in there barn, and they wanted me to pay $50.00 in shipping for it. I would understand if they had it on the show room and were going to sell it but it was sitting in there storage barn. I also asked them to help me set up me sled and IMO they didnt have a clue. I asked them what the transfer rod did and how it worked they didnt even know. Now I go to this site to get answers or ask some local guys who know a little.

Called 2 dealers in my area about my mono shock leaking and that there was a new updated seal and head for rebuilding. They didn"t have a clue what i was talking about!!!Dumb FU#%&S :o|

Chippewa Motors in Sault Ste. Marie MI has to be among the very best for service. They regularly go beyond what is expected to get a customer back on the trail.

actionjack said:
F&S Yamaha and Marine, Hanover, PA. They ride and know sleds. Always taken good care of me and anyone I send there. Always have great pre-season deals on apparel and gear. Even gave me full credit for my crappy Coldwave saddlebags that lasted 23 miles in Quebec, even though I threw them away in St Raymond. Took a rear shock off an ER to put on my GT when I had to ride midseason after a seal busted in Quebec on my revavled Ohlins.

I Just bought an 07 Attak from them. The owners Terry & Bob are outstanding. They bent over backwards for me to make sure all my questions were answered. They spent a good hour going over my sled with me to make sure I was set up properly. HIGHLY recommend these folks. THE BEST customer service I have ever experienced and the most friendly.

Joe

Back