• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how impressed r u?

8/10. I love the xtx, more hp would have been nice, I gess a 06-10 apex windshield might fit.

I actually like what i see on the 2011. However i don't like the price. IMHO, alot of these changes should have taken place on the previous apex's.. ie..handle bar warmers, shock options, and shouldn't have to pay so much more for things that should have worked in the first place.

It really burns me that they are advertising "improved handle bar warmers". This just screams we konw they used to suck but too bad, by a new sled and they will work better. At 15k. I know no one pays MSRP, but I think it will be over $12999 for this sled. Still too much for a snowmobile that you can ride MAYBE 2.5 months a year. We are getting into used boats and harley pricing soon. both of which you can use alot more than a sled thru out the year.

I am glad i got a leftover 09 new this year. I put my limit at 10k for a sled. (even that is approaching alot these days)

y_guy said:
I actually like what i see on the 2011. However i don't like the price. IMHO, alot of these changes should have taken place on the previous apex's.. ie..handle bar warmers, shock options, and shouldn't have to pay so much more for things that should have worked in the first place.

It really burns me that they are advertising "improved handle bar warmers". This just screams we konw they used to suck but too bad, by a new sled and they will work better. At 15k. I know no one pays MSRP, but I think it will be over $12999 for this sled. Still too much for a snowmobile that you can ride MAYBE 2.5 months a year. We are getting into used boats and harley pricing soon. both of which you can use alot more than a sled thru out the year.

I am glad i got a leftover 09 new this year. I put my limit at 10k for a sled. (even that is approaching alot these days)
x2. I am speechless at the numbers. Just found a reborn love for my 06.

I like what I see right now.Would have to ride one for sure.I think its A good move,but this is only my second year snowmobiling, I am finding out fast how small the window of riding is.If I had the money to spend I would probably give one a shot,but I paid 6K for A used low mileage 07 RTX thats A big swing to the 2011 price.I struggle to reach 2000 miles a year.

I'm pretty darn happy with the changes they listened to the main complaints on this site: heaters, more performance, new skis, more geometry changes for hopefully better handling, etc.

Its a darn nice well rounded sled. People complaining are typical they dont have a clue how a manufacturer brings a product to production and want the cadillac for the price of the chevy.

I would say 9/10 and belive me I am not partial yamahas take more maint then any sled I owned but they are also the most fun and more importantly take boost reliabiliy for us power junkies.

I also never buy new always used and replace all the factory crap parts (suspension, bushings, etc) with aftermarket stuff that lasts and build my own sled that I like.

I will give at six. No innovation that was not previously highlighted as being requi.red, or, acquired via current aftermarket solutions.

My vote is 7. All the changes everyone wanted is here. If the PS is the same as the ATV then there will be no problems. EXCEPT the fuel capacity has been reduced AGAIN. I already push the limits of a 10 Gal tank, losing a gallon of gas when riding in northern Ontario will suck. Maybe the engine mods will help with fuel economy. Of course the price tag makes me almost pass out too...

9 out of 10 on the sled 5 out of 10 on the price. 10,700 miles on the 06 Attak I think I'll be riding it at least another year

Impressed with the sled
Depressed with the price
The way things are going with pricing i will probably never buy new again

Back