• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How long will you wait?

Dealer told me yesterday that if I needed one by Dec 1st I probably should not plan on a Viper. I did not snow check.

Nytro40th said:
Red vipers were built last

Now ya tell me !! LOL !!

I bought my 2011 AC (which is for sale by the way !!) in Feb. of 2012. Rode it twice to the tune of 340 miles and then the snow melted and the season was over.

I'm not worried, hurried, or frustrated in the least. Plus....got no snow here !! If I get half of the almost 4000 miles I got in last winter I will be more than happy.

Patience is a virtue !!!!

DeerHuntr said:
Getting pretty antsy at this point. Called my dealer this afternoon and they have no word on shipment yet and no one has received a red one as far as I know which leads me to believe they will be last. I am thinking 800 rush or e-tech at this point maybe 7000 cat if I can find one. If it's not here by December 1st I'm gone, I've waited long enough for my October delivery.
7000 has Cat Clutches run away fast!!! Three Rushes in our group, ride is awesome but the seat absolutely sucks IMO. I say wait it out it's going to be a great sled. :sled1:

Just sold my Apex and am headed to my dealer in the AM to see what he has available (don't worry he will have some, always orders a bunch of sleds). He said snowchecked wont be here untill December. It's all good here as December riding here usually sucks. Feb-April usually are the best months.

DeerHuntr said:
Getting pretty antsy at this point. Called my dealer this afternoon and they have no word on shipment yet and no one has received a red one as far as I know which leads me to believe they will be last. I am thinking 800 rush or e-tech at this point maybe 7000 cat if I can find one. If it's not here by December 1st I'm gone, I've waited long enough for my October delivery.
I looked all over my papers and it says nothing about October , it did I say nov. so I don't see why you are getting so mad ......relax alittle
I was also looking at that 800 pol but that engine doesn't have a good rap right now

09nytro said:
DeerHuntr said:
I looked all over my papers and it says nothing about October , it did I say nov. so I don't see why you are getting so mad ......relax alittle
I was also looking at that 800 pol but that engine doesn't have a good rap right now

I could be wrong but DeerHuntr might be referring to what is on Yamaha's web site for the October 2013 availability date...

My dealer has a LTX SE on the showroom floor, Blue and White. Haven't seen red and black yet. Base model LTX coming in next week he thinks.

T&R Yamaha, East Jordan, MI

DeerHuntr said:
Dealer has told me October ever since I snowchecked. Not mad just frustrated with waiting.

I am with you. I jumped ship and am trying the 2014 Renegade 800X package this year. If I don't like it the sled will be easy to sell and I can always pick up a left over Viper in February or March for a great price.

Make the switch and don't look back. Enjoy the winter it is too short to worry about having fun.

Well I am coming back to Blue. I spent 15 yrs on a ton of everything from sx 700's, SRX 3 -Rx's 3- Apex's and 2- attacks. in 2011 on a whim I bought the first 121" Pro R 800 and then bought a 2012 PRo-r Switchback. The 2011 I sold with 3800 miles on it with no problems and not even noticeable wear on the hyfax.

The 2012 blew the motor at 749 miles due to an oiling issue and I know 3 others with the same problem. I ran right out that day and bought a 2013 Pro R switchback to finsih the season. I got the 2012 fixed (whole new motor) and sold it. I love the ride, ergonomics are great, it is so predictable I can outrun just about anyone on the tight twisties but loses out on lake runs. I was going to boost one but I have no faith in the motor. It does not have the legs of the 4 strokes and I miss that. I can do 400 miles a day with this old body..... on the rush but I need more.

I am buying this thing and throwing a turbo on it with the hopes I can get it to handle at 90% of the Rush, be bullit proof and make me scream under hard acceleration.

Time will tell is all I can say. I am keeping the pro R just in case but plan to ride the paint off this Viper :Rockon:

Except winter hasn't started yet for 99% of us. This all seems like a lot of bluster for nothing.

STAIN said:
Except winter hasn't started yet for 99% of us. This all seems like a lot of bluster for nothing.

That may be true but Jimmy Johnson's car is not built the night before Daytona. Those of us installing turbos,, shocks, skis, graphics and just getting to know the machines need several weeks to prepare.

I think they should maybe rank the deliveries by how much your are doing to your sled. Those putting gas in and going out the back door get theirs sometime in December............ :o|

Yamadog said:
STAIN said:

That may be true but Jimmy Johnson's car is not built the night before Daytona. Those of us installing turbos,, shocks, skis, graphics and just getting to know the machines need several weeks to prepare.

I think they should maybe rank the deliveries by how much your are doing to your sled. Those putting gas in and going out the back door get theirs sometime in December............ :o|

I have over $4,000 in accessories to install, plus I planned on powder coating a-arms and spindles, and putting on a 2-1/4" powerclaw track...say by some real fat chance I get my sled next Friday, that gives me all of about a week to get all of that done before I head west to ride the first part of December. Snow or no snow, I've waited long enough for this damn thing...my patience are about gone. My wife ordered a 2014 Chevy Impala 3 weeks ago...I'm pretty sure it will be here before my sled I ordered in March!!!! :o|

Back