• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how many miles on your turbo viper?

kodak

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I have no snow yet and getting anxious to try my hurricane performance turbo. I was reluctant to do the turbo because of possible engine failure so . I decided to start a topic where people can post what kit they are running and how many km or miles they have and any problems that have been encountered. this is not meant to be a comparison between turbo manufacturers more of a longevity report.

240 miles ...no major issues so far, tho no reason a properly set up turbo only running 6 psi can't last as long as a NA engine. You start fan long up the boost tho and it's prb not gonna last as long - odds are the frame will fall apart before the motor blows in most cases

I had the MPI Turbo, with 6 pounds of boost. I had almost 3800 miles on it. I blew the motor up at 3780 miles. Due to the gauge!! Not the turbo! I was referred to a gauge by my dealer and they installed my gauge, and it was a bad gauge. Other than that the turbo ran perfect!! And I agree, with proper gauges and no abuse on motor such as over boost. There is no reason this motor won't out last the chassis!

No snow in Newfoundland? wow.

Mine is installed and still sitting in the shop. Traded my shocks for a set that don't fit my sled too so I need to get those set up before the sled goes any where.

After a post like YamahaTim's, maybe I'll be waiting until I get my gauges installed.

there is snow in the west coast but no bottom 7 hour drive so trying to wait till its a bit better really wanted to do some testing before I trailer it for a ride

I had the MPI Turbo, with 6 pounds of boost. I had almost 3800 miles on it. I blew the motor up at 3780 miles. Due to the gauge!! Not the turbo! I was referred to a gauge by my dealer and they installed my gauge, and it was a bad gauge. Other than that the turbo ran perfect!! And I agree, with proper gauges and no abuse on motor such as over boost. There is no reason this motor won't out last the chassis!

What gauge were you running?

He had the Koso all in one unit he and MrSled had trouble with them.

I had 800 miles on mine at 6#'s of boost and blew the motor. Same installer as Tim's different gauge but had problems from day one. They say that the vaccuum line from the gems controller line to the boost gauge got too hot from the heat shield and burned a small pin hole in it that caused the gems to read the boost incorrectly and ran lean. (gauge was not on the machine when problems started) Since then rebuilt with carillo rods, wiseco pistons, upgraded fuel pump and 4th injector. Now running 12#'s of boost dynoed at about 252 hp. The resetup was done by Allen Ulmer. Wow the sled is dead on and the clutching is magnificent right out of the box.

I now have over 1000 miles on it since the rebuild and think I am finally ready for a season arm dislocating take offs and at 0 to 100 mph in under 7 seconds should be able to run with the bigger doggies. I have not done a top end run yet but with stock gearing have seen 111 on the speedometer and 109 on GPS. I think it is capable of 115 to 117 that Allen saw on the track dyno if I can find a place that I can do it.

Ye
No snow in Newfoundland? wow.

Mine is installed and still sitting in the shop. Traded my shocks for a set that don't fit my sled too so I need to get those set up before the sled goes any where.

After a post like YamahaTim's, maybe I'll be waiting until I get my gauges installed.

Yes!! Make sure you have awesome gauges!! Very important. I was told that I had good gauges. But it was not a good gauge! It was a Koso gauge. It looked good, but it didn't work. My AFR numbers were off. I was running my sled safe and it still sand blasted my Pistons. So not the motor's fault. But a failure in the gauge!

What gauge were you running?

A Koso all in one gauge. Do your research on gauges before you buy one! I trusted my dealer and put what they recommended. Big mistake!! And they would not even stand behind it!! Sad Sad!!

I have the MCX 190 Turbo and have 300 miles on it. No issues with the turbo other than i have the air intake under the hood, it needs to be put outside the hood. It gets to much warm air from the engine, when playing in deep snow without speed to have the wind blow threw the hood it loses boost pressure.

I have a MCX 270 with about 250mi on it and did not seem to have as much power as it should until I put the filter through the hood no comparison highly recommended the instructions should recommend it. A/F raito is better and makes way more power I got super tip weights first had 7g heel 0g mid 7g tip after through the hood I had to put the weight on to keep it off the Rev limiter 14g heel 2g mid 7g tip.

20141227_115609.jpg

Back