• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How much must i put up with

stewartb said:
The obvious is sometimes hard to see.

1) Take a little dead blow hammer and tap the tunnel to release the ice. My hammer is 1# and under 12" long. Works like a charm. My SkiDoo buddies use the same trick. Always have.

2) Wet feet? Wear waterproof boots. That's why they make 'em.

3) Cold hands? Get the wind off the bars.

4) Bent an arm because you missed a corner? Stop missing corners. Kinda like me bitching about breaking a windshield. My problem is avoided by not rolling the sled!

X2 love it that solves all the problems i was gonna ask how peoples feet gets wet i thought everyone rode with water proof boots

GT03235 said:
Its not the case of just complaining i sold an 07 ski doo to go yamaha and i never had a thing go wrong with the doo in over a 1000 miles, so i hope you get my point $10000 + for my yamaha which has a great engine and handles well now after many many hrs of setting up, new front end and with all the other things just makes me mad thats all. I expect some first year model blues but this takes the biscuit :die

Welcome to owning a Yamaha and btw, it's not just first year model blues, it'll be the same thing again next year...and again...and again, ie. hand warmers, sliders, ice buildup.

All i can do is laugh after reading this no matter what type of sled yamaha puts out people will still complain. I hope they do heat up the grips next year not that it will bother me i barely have them turned all the way up but i'm tired of hearing that complaint its time for a new one lol. Also for the ice buildup are you just talking about on the short track i havent really noticed on the mtx or at least no more than on any other sled i owned and i have owned a good many sleds now. As for getting your feet wet that sounds real funny i have gotten mine wet a few times but only cause i was crossing water.

your feet get wet by the water drippin down the tunnel and soaking your bibs which then soaks your boots, and dont talk about crap gear because i wear the best out there, these are legitimate complaints, and if you guys werent so brand loyal youd see it too or you just think you ride lol,or is it your trying to justify yamaHA screwing you out of 1000's of dollars.haha these sleds are far from superior lol

the friggen sledge hammer kills me lol is that what you guys carry in your back packs besides the shovels, thats used for the #*$&@ you spew at the bar or something else lol it cant be for getting unstuck lol

Phaze5 you crack me up :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hate to put more money into a sled i paid alot for but the stock skies need to be replaced once that is done you wont worry about the other stuff because its so much more fun to ride.

There are some legitimate complaints, but as far as the LBS....after putting on the plate, I haven't had any issues (1100 miles).

A lot of you guys are so disrespectful to me i find it quite annoying a jokes great but you need not talk down to me. I love my yam but still get pissed after spending hard earned cash to mess about after trying to get it to work say what you want its not normal to buy anything and have to mill down ball joints to get it to handle, have to fit plates to stop ice build up and left foot issues and yes i have expensive boots and bibs. And just to let you know a little about myself i rode motocross and enduros from 16 yrs of age up until i hit 38 and not just jumping puddles full blown competition plus riding for kawasaki uk for 3 yrs 85 to 88 so i think i know a little about mechanicals and just venting my opinions which are justified.

GT03235 said:
A lot of you guys are so disrespectful to me i find it quite annoying a jokes great but you need not talk down to me. I love my yam but still get pissed after spending hard earned cash to mess about after trying to get it to work say what you want its not normal to buy anything and have to mill down ball joints to get it to handle, have to fit plates to stop ice build up and left foot issues and yes i have expensive boots and bibs. And just to let you know a little about myself i rode motocross and enduros from 16 yrs of age up until i hit 38 and not just jumping puddles full blown competition plus riding for kawasaki uk for 3 yrs 85 to 88 so i think i know a little about mechanicals and just venting my opinions which are justified. If you the mods think i am not justified simply just cancel my account and screw the lot of you.
Alright, I haven't been on this site long, but done alot of reading and am starting to speak out, as we all can with in the rules. GT03235 you are the one who just said treat others the way you want to be treated. The first dog that growls get bitten by the next. Don't post in the heat of the moment. Think first then talk. This is a yamaha site where mostly blue bloods hang. If you call their sleds a POS their backs will get up. Just ask for advice on how to fix your dilema and everyone will help with ideas. It's your choice to choose the one that you agree with. Not tell them their wrong. Here's a great story for you...While out on side rode doing 90+ mph my buddy's driveshaft broke on his Doo 800XP and it busted up his skid, blew his track and was completely out of control. The snow banks saved his life I'm sure. Lucky to be alive we have it all back together with a stronger drive. Every body has problems adventually. I'm glad mine was just skiis and a 25$ block off plate. Let's work together and stay positive. Cooler heads always prevail.

Back