• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to Add a Front Radiator to your RX-1

The fan doesn't really draw much current.
Just wired mine to the Blue/Red wire (SIG Circuit) and then through an On/Off switch.
Tend to simply leave the switch on all the time.

If you want to add something to it, a thermostatically controlled switch might be a better idea.
Have it turn on whenever the temp is over say 180 degrees F.
Napa should have these, would need an in-line hose tee adapter also.
That way it takes care of itself, it simply turns on when needed, and off when not.

Looking forward to seeing your pics! ;)!

Rock :-o

IMG00480-20110306-2335.jpg
is what I ended up with with the shroud. its ok.. I could have done better IMO but its late in the season.. raining out.. im short tempered about the loss of what was a great snow pack. :o| Oh well its the nature of the beast right?

Looking at my pick maybe I should take some time and clean up the old RX ! lol

Also I put mine on a simple on/off switch as well. I thought about getting a temp sender but again.. being late in the season maybe that is a job for boring summer nights[/img]

Any thoughts on where to mount the toggle to controll the fan, I have the rad and fan done, but i cant quite figure out where to put the toggle.

attac

any idea what year sleds that radiator and fan are on if i'm buying used,thanks great post, I had to put a shut off for the cooliant to the carbs they would get so hot it would boil my carbs and run very bad.

You want a 2006-on, the fans & the radiators are all the same.

The coolant shut-off to the carbs made a big difference on mine also!

I have never had an over heating issue with my RX. But this would be great insurance!!

The mounting tabs are thicker on some later model apex, vector (not sure of the years) but my buddies 06 apex rad broke right at the tabs, then the reverse linkage rubed a hole in the middle of it.

tabs....

dutchie84 said:
The mounting tabs are thicker on some later model apex, vector (not sure of the years) but my buddies 06 apex rad broke right at the tabs, then the reverse linkage rubed a hole in the middle of it.

If you can or know somone who can weld aluminum, you can save a lot of money buying a radiator with the tabs off already. I just made some new tabs out of diamond plate and they've been working great. I'll get a pic when i go back out to the shop.

One piece of diamond plate and two holes. Then welded it all the way accross the front.

Attachments

• 100_5909.JPG
    100_5909.JPG
    659.4 KB · Views: 670
First season with my '05 RX-1 is behind me and I'm really thinking of going this route before next season. Had a couple outings with little cooling going on so red light and snow got packed under my feet. Make much better with some additional cooling.

Newbslice question that I think I already know the answer to. This Apex radiator simply replaces the stock RX1 radiator right, you aren't adding a 2nd radiator to the front right? I'm trying to be pro-active on my cooling before my sled has any overheating issues.

Back