• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to align the track

Rodney

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 rtx se
OMG I have been fixing sleds of 30 years . I have tried for 4 hrs to get the track to align WTF . I need help. I have a 4th wheel kit. I took if off and still no good,

When you look at the track I think you are seeing that the quiet bumps don't sit the same on both sides ? Mine is the same with the left being different from the right. I tried everything also and couldn't get it to work. Measured both sides on the adjusters and from the axle to a fixed point and the measurement was dead nuts. Hopefully someone can help you thought this was normal

I gave up trying a long time ago! Yes just get the adjusters even. I get them flush with the nuts and then count turns till track is properly tensioned. Same turn both sides. I hate those quiet bumps I think they mess with alignment. That said it doesnt matter. With track turning slowly it takes very little of a push with foot to put it anywhere you want. While riding I am sure it is all over the place. So Rodney its not just you. Normal in this chassis.

I had the same problem but got it after. I try to get the lugs the same distance from the slides on both side. What tension are most of you set. Book say 2" with 20lb pull. Do you go by this?

Thats about what I do. Tried looser and didnt seem to matter for speed. With studs now may run a bit tighter. Allan you say you aligned your track "but got it after" After what?

Thanks guys I fell a little better now. I jumped ship from a doo . I hope this Yamaha is good to me,
my 2003 ski-doo rev has 27.ooo k on it. my buds are given me the gears for jumping ship.

I got my viper to run true but my wife's zr7000(exactly the same sled) is all over the place! I found very very small adjustments worked the best(like a 16" of a turn)

When I tightened and aligned the original Ripsaw 2 I found that I had to really run the track at speed on the stand to get the track to shift. I was able to get it to center, but agree that it was by small adjusts as said above. 1/4 turn was too much and would shift it past center to the opposite side. Like Cannon said, I think when we ride, it is all over the place. As long as it's close, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thats about what I do. Tried looser and didnt seem to matter for speed. With studs now may run a bit tighter. Allan you say you aligned your track "but got it after" After what?
After some playing around. but like you said it still moves some around . so I don't worry to much it distanance on both sides stay about the same. I also think the bumps makes it move.

Cut 20" piece of 2x4 1-1/2 x 1-1/4 put a strap on it
tighten track till piece is even on both sides adjust from there

Thanks guys I fell a little better now. I jumped ship from a doo . I hope this Yamaha is good to me,
my 2003 ski-doo rev has 27.ooo k on it. my buds are given me the gears for jumping ship.

Attachments

• l man sled 030.jpg
    l man sled 030.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 283
My dealer said to bring it in ,they will align it for me for free!! said no problem. maybe I will see if there updates for the sled too!!

I was having problems with mine too after putting in new slides. Took me hours to get it right and it was still a little off. Just picked it up from the shop this morning. In less than 10 minutes, the guys had it perfect. I guess it's a little touch here and there. On my dad's Apex, it's a noticeable difference tightening on those adjusters to align the track.

So question for everyone? Book says 25lb at 2" and spec sheet states 20lb at 2". Which is right? I know it is only 5lbs but why the difference?

Back