• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how to change sliders using reverse method?

Hey just wondering if someone can explain to me how to get the sliders off by using the track in reverse? heard something like this somewhere on the forums, thanks!

awesome, i am just getting my XTX ready for the winter ahead and am stocking up on some "liquid assets", belts, sliders, etc lol, yamaha slider eater YAY!

I'm trying to picture this! The whole concept sounds like a really easy and good idea but I've never done it! Does the slider free itself before it wants to wrap itself around with the track.........or am I missing something?

Blue 4's Rule said:
I'm trying to picture this! The whole concept sounds like a really easy and good idea but I've never done it! Does the slider free itself before it wants to wrap itself around with the track.........or am I missing something?
What he said^
Seems that they would wrap.

I couldn't do this on my 136" ripsaw, the hyfax were way too wide to fit through the track windows. This is on an LTX vector.

I widened two of the track windows just a tad with a soldering iron...enough the slides would fit snug coming through, but yet not have to twist them at all. When the slides peel off, they just drop to the floor as they peel of the curve end of the rail. I haven't heard of any the keep going around back through the suspension. Just a blip on the throttle is all you need...really just enough to engage the cluth and then let off the throttle right away.

I didn't try the reverse method but did use a pair of channel locks to grab the slider after working it through the window. Grab and pull with all your might! Came right out ;)!

Nytro RTX Guy said:
I didn't try the reverse method but did use a pair of channel locks to grab the slider after working it through the window. Grab and pull with all your might! Came right out ;)!

x2 i did that about 2 weeks ago just use lots of the Yamaha protectant lubricant spary. they should slide right out.

Swiss Sledder said:
Raise track off the floor, loosen screw holding in hyfax, carefully pound hyfax down rail so that it sticks out track window by about 3 cm, start sled, put into reverse and tap the throttle. Track will peel the hyfax right off.
Do you have to loosen the track or no?

vogelm1 said:
I widened two of the track windows just a tad with a soldering iron...enough the slides would fit snug coming through, but yet not have to twist them at all. When the slides peel off, they just drop to the floor as they peel of the curve end of the rail.
Yes, that is exactly the way to do it.

1050THMPR said:
Do you have to loosen the track or not?
No

Back