• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to change sliders

Going in through the track window near the track adjuster, you can wedge a large, flat screwdriver between the channel in the hyfax and the rail (right at the end of the hyfax) and pry downward...working the end of the hyfax out of the window a few inches. No need to slide the hyfax to get them started out the back of the window this way. Helps to rotate the track backwards as hyfax comes off the rail. From there, start sled and blip the throttle while in reverse - they should come off lickety-split.

As mentioned by racingronnie they wear fast to the line then seem to last forever. When I change them I tap on the side of the hyfax along the rail with a small hammer to free them then use a dull screw driver and hammer in the tapered part of the screw hole at the front to drive them out of the rear track window far enough to drill hole throu the hyfax and insert a large phillips screw driver then using the screw driver as a handle simply pull them out. Don't forget to loosen the track first.

Thanks for all the suggestions. A friend came over with an air chisel, and we had no luck making that work, either. Finally, we removed the entire skid assembly from the sled (4 bolts), hammered the hifax back a few inches, and then peeled them off. I have newfound respect for those of you who can change an XTX or long-track hifax on the sled!

Mine was worn down to the line at the front edge, roughly in line with the leading edge of front bogie wheel. Just for kicks, I drilled through the old hifax after it was off the sled to see how much was left. From what I was able to tell, the line on the outside corresponds very closely to the groove on the inside.

removing the slides

Thanks for the advice about removing the slides using the reverse method. It still suck, but much better than using a hammer and chisel for the entire length. Theres got to be a better way!

stopdropanroll said:
billey100 said:
Are there any tips or tricks to removing the skid, is it pretty straight forward?

If you un bolt your torsion springs (at the rails) it makes removal ALOT more easy, it will collapse the skid, its kinda a pain to bolt them back up upon reinstall but worth it IMO, I guess I have not done it to my XTX yet but on my F7 I cut the top of the torsion spring holders so I could just lift them out and it was a piece of cake, easlly done solo. JM2CNTS

Where did you get the white side body panels for your Nytro? Did you porchase them or paint them?

unpride said:
pull the skid and check for LOOSE BOLTS you will find a few if they already havent come out. While your at it get the grease fittings
X2 just replaced mine to blue ones over the summer and noticed a few bolts not a tight as they should be

Back