• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to find fuel pressure in diagnostic mode

Looked into this since last year. Nowhere I or the techs can find reference to the gauge reading. Theoretically resistance (ohms) should go up with pressure. According to service manual you check pressure with a gauge and the process I have pictured below. 46.9 max and is Vacuum regulated to less than 4psi. I cannot find anything in manual or asking about the gauge. Maybe it just varies from sled to sled to much to be useful or something. Or not enough data compiled. Would think that per machine the values would be accurate and repeatable but the gauge and wiring to it are Cat so? But for now use this method:
View attachment 131638
I'd assume that 0 mm-hg would make the 3.84 psi and the 760 mm-hg would make the 46.9 psi?

This fuel ohms reading we get in diagnostic mode is this the ohms of the gauge? My tank is almost empty.

Was thinking the same thing probably just your fuel gauge.

Ulmer mentioned a while back about a restricted hole or orfice in the fuel system... I cant find or remember exactly the situation but it was great info. Anybody remember where the thread is at?

Ulmer mentioned a while back about a restricted hole or orfice in the fuel system... I cant find or remember exactly the situation but it was great info. Anybody remember where the thread is at?

this takes me back to my 1100 turbo days...the return elbow into the tank...red fitting..has a restrictor built into it...you can drill it out...just put a bit on the other side/leg to keep from drilling too far...

I did see cat has a new part number for 18 for the return elbow, makes me think a lot of them had to high of pressure.

Well when I dropped the sled at the dealership I decided not to ask about checking the fuel pressure as I don't want to have to pay for something that may not be the issue. I did buy the updated return elbow. I figured I'd try that first since that was only like $2.50 and I can switch from the original elbow to this new one and see if any difference is made.

Looked into this since last year. Nowhere I or the techs can find reference to the gauge reading. Theoretically resistance (ohms) should go up with pressure. According to service manual you check pressure with a gauge and the process I have pictured below. 46.9 max and is Vacuum regulated to less than 4psi. I cannot find anything in manual or asking about the gauge. Maybe it just varies from sled to sled to much to be useful or something. Or not enough data compiled. Would think that per machine the values would be accurate and repeatable but the gauge and wiring to it are Cat so? But for now use this method:
View attachment 131638
In that tech page it talks about making adjustments. Can the fuel regulator be manually adjusted?

looking to find out where the fuel pressure reading is. Someone told me it may have to do with my horrible fuel mileage? 80 miles on groomed trails with lots of WOT and ran out of gas!! Any help or other ideas why fuel mileage is so bad is appreciated
So I took the sidewinder in for service this fall, dealer knew about bad fuel mileage and the new situation of the fuel cap pressure ... He found the vent tube from the gas tank was completely pinched off, between that and the replacement of the new updated return elbow....I have put 400 miles on this season and am averaging 14.5-15 mpg while not changing my riding style

So I took the sidewinder in for service this fall, dealer knew about bad fuel mileage and the new situation of the fuel cap pressure ... He found the vent tube from the gas tank was completely pinched off, between that and the replacement of the new updated return elbow....I have put 400 miles on this season and am averaging 14.5-15 mpg while not changing my riding style
I have already put on a different return elbow that has a bigger opening and for me the jury is still out on whether or not that has made a difference on my sled. Since the fix on your tank still build pressure? I would absolutely kill for 14 mpg. This 10 mpg is just nuts.

No pressure what so ever now...had pressure since the day I brought it home until vent was unkinked ( and return elbow changed)

I have already put on a different return elbow that has a bigger opening and for me the jury is still out on whether or not that has made a difference on my sled. Since the fix on your tank still build pressure? I would absolutely kill for 14 mpg. This 10 mpg is just nuts.
Last post was supposed to be a reply ... And by the way my fuel gauge never worked correctly and now it seems to be

Back