• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to reassemble the secondary clutch

And yet another dumb question, for the sheeve where the helix goes, in the "copper axel bearings" there are angled ggrooves to the axle and a "deposit" in the middle that you could use as lube deposit. Is anything supposed to go there. I just had some black gunk there in mine...

cannondale27 said:
Clean that gunk out and put it back together dry.No lube.

Got everything apart, cleaned it up and got it back together with the new Schmidt Brothers helix. The one thing is I reused my snapring as I can't get a hold of the Yamaha dealer. I'll try to get a new one before I ride but I'm wondering why it would break as it looks to be in perfect condition..

soldi said:
cannondale27 said:
Clean that gunk out and put it back together dry.No lube.

Got everything apart, cleaned it up and got it back together with the new Schmidt Brothers helix. The one thing is I reused my snapring as I can't get a hold of the Yamaha dealer. I'll try to get a new one before I ride but I'm wondering why it would break as it looks to be in perfect condition..
Yep, mine looked good to but it broke the 2nd season on the first ride and ruined the SBM helix and secondary so it is not worth the chance. I guess they get stressed or whatever. BTW, you'll enjoy the SBM helix - good choice

What does the a b c mean? What number do they mean?

Does it mean

A = 1
B = 2
C = 3

The ABC and 123 correspond to the positions for the spring in the clutch sheve and the helix.

I don't remember if the letters are on the clutch or the helix (I have a different clutch on my phazer now) but if you look at the back side of the helix and in the clutch where the spring goes you'll see what I mean.

We are trying to figure the degress out. Just need to know what the letter means to numbers.

Older sleds has all numbers this has abc

Need to know the numbers

A equals what number?
B equals what number?
C equals what number?

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20170108_153112.png
    20170108_153112.png
    272.4 KB · Views: 274
The video isn't working for me? anyone have a copy of it? i have my secondary off but a little nervous to take it apart

The video isn't working for me? anyone have a copy of it? i have my secondary off but a little nervous to take it apart

I'll have a look for it but I dont think I have it anymore. I would take another video however I no longer have that style of clutch.

see if i have time tonight with packing for the ty ride to take pics of the ss440 secondary clutch that looks the same in my garage atm.

Back