• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane tune got beat

Muffler difference on each, Studs, clutch setup, suspension setup, RPM, belt being used. You got to know how to tune it and what you need to beat the other guy. Like has been said, its not plug and play. I can take a 600 and beat a sidewinder on the ice if your not setup to play.

The HP rating means nothing.
Very true fact and that's the issue is hes a smarter guy on the sleds lol but a great friend

if you are actually hitting 19 psi , and you have 8700-8900 . Its probably your stud pattern & how many scratch lines you have

Well then, here are a few more thoughts on your friend.
He knows how to tweak his set up for maximum performance on certain surfaces, and that is easier said then done without a lot of component testing. You probably just run what you have and are done with it.

He probably loves trying other comparable sleds, and with a bit of elbow grease and some research, one can use that experience to enhance his sleds capabilities, and by trying out, say your sled, he knows where he has you! so game on! Know what I mean.

He sounds like my buddy and I. Love comparing and tweaking components for better performance, mpg, etc.

Except for nothing is hidden performance wise between us, it is meant to enhance both!

I mean, that is what has been happening since day one, why change now. Those trade secrets for performance are for the race track and not for friendship. I am sure he can give you some advise right?

Well then, here are a few more thoughts on your friend.
He knows how to tweak his set up for maximum performance on certain surfaces, and that is easier said then done without a lot of component testing. You probably just run what you have and are done with it.

He probably loves trying other comparable sleds, and with a bit of elbow grease and some research, one can use that experience to enhance his sleds capabilities, and by trying out, say your sled, he knows where he has you! so game on! Know what I mean.

He sounds like my buddy and I. Love comparing and tweaking components for better performance, mpg, etc.

Except for nothing is hidden performance wise between us, it is meant to enhance both!

I mean, that is what has been happening since day one, why change now. Those trade secrets for performance are for the race track and not for friendship. I am sure he can give you some advise right?
Very true story lol

You said he has more studs, what length are you running and what length is your buddy running? Drag race is all about the holeshot.

HP isnt what wins a race its getting your power to the ground. See it all the time. I beat a 320 TD tuned sled with my 300 Hurricane this weekend :sled2:

All sleds are different. Me and my brother have the same tunes and pretty much the same clutching, but my sled can almost always beat him. Last year I beat a precision EFI sled running race gas and a locked wastegate with my 290 pump gas tune. My buddy has an 1100 cat with meth injection, 14 wide hacksaw and long triggers, I dont think there is a pump gas Winder that can beat it. He won King of the Trail with it at the last 2 races were went to. Looking at putting meth injection on my sled now.

All sleds are different. Me and my brother have the same tunes and pretty much the same clutching, but my sled can almost always beat him. Last year I beat a precision EFI sled running race gas and a locked wastegate with my 290 pump gas tune. My buddy has an 1100 cat with meth injection, 14 wide hacksaw and long triggers, I dont think there is a pump gas Winder that can beat it. He won King of the Trail with it at the last 2 races were went to. Looking at putting meth injection on my sled now.
Any drags in the area coming up Phil?

Any drags in the area coming up Phil?

Honestly, not sure what is next. I was only at Drag at the Mag. My brothers and buddies were at sledapalooza in Mckellar on the weekend. Howie might do another one on Portage Lake again. NBSSR does some hill climb stuff in Mattawa, think that is in april tho when the ski hill closes. Ill post the next ones on here somewhere. Me and my brothers bought a 54 inch drag, so might host a small race at buddies lake. Turbos only, none of the little things. Billy newton used to have some great races on Gull Lake, but not sure if he will do any this season, hopefully he does.

Back