• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane tune got beat

What a stupid thread! So many variables here to say the “tune” got beat!
Your sled got beat by a well set up sled... maybe take yours to a reputable tuner then see the difference as the “tune” is just a part of the equation

What a stupid thread! So many variables here to say the “tune” got beat!
Your sled got beat by a well set up sled... maybe take yours to a reputable tuner then see the difference as the “tune” is just a part of the equation
Easy fella I was just asking for some advice not bashing the tune itself but I guess it depends on how you read it I was more asking for clarity on clutching

Easy fella I was just asking for some advice not bashing the tune itself but I guess it depends on how you read it I was more asking for clarity on clutching
You’re not listing anything you have done? What is your current set up etc.
Hard to help someone with zero info

Josh, how far did you race?

I’ll be honest...his 48 more studs is a huge difference right there as somebody else already stated...I mean he got the jump on you big time...sometimes thats all it takes right there....

You’re not listing anything you have done? What is your current set up etc.
Hard to help someone with zero info
I have dalton springs and weights and a 35/39 helix and 22 top gear I just want you come out quicker, I was actually thinking of going back to stock gearing

Unfortunately you need to choose your words wisely because we can' t read between the lines and much like texting as we all know can be taken out of context. Now go back and read your original post, your last post and your title then you will see what i mean. There are more posts on clutching than you can shake a stick at, and even more people and opinions on the matter. Bottom line is, even with a ton of advice and research on old posts, you're going to have to test ALLOT to get your set up right for you. Best place to start is to go on one of the existing clutching threads and post your set up and what you want to achieve and see if somebody that has a similar set up responds. And please don't take this out of context as me being an @hole. Just some kind words of advise. PM me your set up if you would like. I'm running the 300 SS tune myself

Josh, how far did you race?

I’ll be honest...his 48 more studs is a huge difference right there as somebody else already stated...I mean he got the jump on you big time...sometimes thats all it takes right there....
We both seen 117 mph at one point

I have dalton springs and weights and a 35/39 helix and 22 top gear I just want you come out quicker, I was actually thinking of going back to stock gearing
You should be able to pull that gear on 300.
What base weights do you have? How much do you weigh?

Unfortunately you need to choose your words wisely because we can' t read between the lines and much like texting as we all know can be taken out of context. Now go back and read your original post, your last post and your title then you will see what i mean. There are more posts on clutching than you can shake a stick at, and even more people and opinions on the matter. Bottom line is, even with a ton of advice and research on old posts, you're going to have to test ALLOT to get your set up right for you. Best place to start is to go on one of the existing clutching threads and post your set up and what you want to achieve and see if somebody that has a similar set up responds. And please don't take this out of context as me being an @hole. Just some kind words of advise. PM me your set up if you would like. I'm running the 300 SS tune myself
I will pm u and thank u for your honesty

Thats exactly why I didn’t jump up
To the 22 top gear this year...I thought about it a lot, and decided to stay stock gearing for now...I like the snap Out of the hole more right now, more than being able to hit 130+ mph on a very rare occasion. But thats just me. Love the feel of that hyper acceleration out of the hole.

Sorry for sounding dumb what do u mean pulling the gear

He means that you have plenty of HP to handle that taller/bigger gear and not have it be poochy down low.

Back