• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hyfax saga continued!

Motoman765

Expert
Website
www.teamfsr.com
Well I went to change my hyfax this last weekend so I could go riding and ran into another problem that prevented me from going. I had my camera with me this time so I took some pictures. Just a word of warning the standard Yamaha 121" Graffite hyfax are too short so be careful what you get when your hyfax prematurely wear out.

Odometer
100_0862.jpg

Old hyfax on sled
100_0863.jpg

Left side hyfax
100_0867.jpg

Right side hyfax
100_0865.jpg

Track tension was good, Yamaha tried to tell me that could have been reason for the wear issue when I logged my official complaint
100_0869.jpg

Left hyfax off the sled
100_0870.jpg

The flat spot that got worn into the slide rail
100_0871.jpg

And lastly a short video on the problem with the new hyfax
http://tj.moses.bz/100_0872.mov

I also did some other mods to the sled that I will post in another topic.
Now we'll see what Yamaha comes up with for another excuse for this problem.

I had to change mine at 229 miles. I finally taded my wife's Phazer GT off. Took a big hit to unload it. Just way too many issues. What in the he-- were they thinking when they desinged this sled?

Weird, at 300 miles, mine have no wear at all. Were you riding alot of roads? I have no studs and run my track pretty loose though.

I found that my sled came with wide hyfax.
I have got 144" hyfax for the 136" extension, and I don't think I will have to cut them at all, opposite to my presumption.

Seems like they last a lot longer when there is good snow. People need to run scratchers. i hear and see guys with under 200km with toasted hyfax all the time. My son has 2000km on his original hyfax, sled is a 162 Apex mtn. A set of scratchers is about 4 pair of hyfax.

I have 700 miles on my 1st set and still have plenty to go. The only time I have seen wear like that is in low to no snow conditions. I remember the days with the SX hyfax, if I didnt break them in properly I would be lucky to get 100 miles out of them.

If you have a hard time pushing the track away at the bends your track is too tight, I don't go by the pull test as you have shown, I go by the bend pressure.

Anyone else experiencing early wear. My SRX wore slides about every 1700 miles. i can live with that. Not 400 miles. The first 100 miles were not great snow conditions but the last have been excellent snow conditions.

My dealer said if I put a set of idler wheels in the front it would help with the wear. Has anyone heard of this

I picked up my GT from the dealer last night after the 500 mile checkup, and he told me my sliders were getting thin. We have had low snow conditions out here, but I am very aware of riding roads and other places where coolant is low. I am a little disappointed with this, as well as the tunnel hole issue. Hopefully Yamaha will come through with a fix for the tunnel.

Cork

I installed an extra wheel kit off my SRX 144 mountain and put it in the stock hole in the rail on my mtn lite 5" back from the rubber bump stop
thats where major wear in the hifax on mine exists, works great. I realized more available power and higher top end speed. (less friction less drag more power) makes sense to me. :-o

go to hiperf.com and look up the anti stab wheels. right where your cross shaft is for your limiter strap, put one. Problem solved. Maxdlx

on the MTN Lite Theres already plenty of wheels in the area your talking about also that is not the area that the most wear is taking place,its more towards the center of the rail where there are no wheels present. what you need is part #975-106 at highperf.com ;)!

Back