• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hyfax Wear - 2006 Apex Mtn

hifax wear

Firemann32 said:
Man so I guess this is a common problem. Mine I'm on my 3rd set of scratchers with 800 miles on my sled, 422 miles 1st set, less on the 2nd set......WTF? The last set was a set of Wide Slides PART NUMBER: SMA-8FS92-00-HP, that's also the set I'm getting ready to install.

I was going to drill this set I'm going to install, but I can't find the thread I saw about drilling recommendations in. Who's got the info on that, I was thinking of doing 3/8" every 2-3"s all they way through, down the center. Any thoughts?

I've been running regular scrathers but I've got to bend them out some more because they were hitting the edge of my track. Also how far up do you mount them? I included a pic where I mounted mine.

Are the wheels everyone is talking about the set just in front of my scratchers? If I remove them I can definitly move my scratchers further forward. Also thought I might add a set of ski or cable scratchers.

The funny thing is except for the couple miles from the trucks up to the mountain trails it's always been it good snow......

Any help you guys can help me with would be great, this is my first sled, rode alot years ago but they were my buddies sleds, they took care of them and I took care of my quads we rode in the summer.
>>>
Take off the outside wheels on the rails, mount the scratchers up in the predrilled hole on the rails, the closest one to the first idler wheel. I mentioned the hifax drilling method to Niko a year ago. I drill two 1/4" or 3/8" holes 1/2" to 3/4" deep side by side every 1.5" inches all the way up the hifax, these fill up with snow and turn to ice then melt out creating lube when they get hot from running down a frozen trail.
This has helped my Hifax problem along with the wheel removal and I've also done this on a Mnt.Max with good success, it has bad hifax problems....cheers! :-o

Re: hifax wear

GotJuice said:
Take off the outside wheels on the rails, mount the scratchers up in the predrilled hole on the rails, the closest one to the first idler wheel. I mentioned the hifax drilling method to Niko a year ago. I drill two 1/4" or 3/8" holes 1/2" to 3/4" deep side by side every 1.5" inches all the way up the hifax, these fill up with snow and turn to ice then melt out creating lube when they get hot from running down a frozen trail.
This has helped my Hifax problem along with the wheel removal and I've also done this on a Mnt.Max with good success, it has bad hifax problems....cheers! :-o

OK Cool.

You had mentioned in another thread about installing another axle to help prevent bending. Where does it go and are you talking about adding an inside wheel kit when you say ad an axle?

Hyfax1-1.jpg

Re: hifax wear

Firemann32 said:
GotJuice said:

OK Cool.

You had mentioned in another thread about installing another axle to help prevent bending. Where does it go and are you talking about adding an inside wheel kit when you say ad an axle?

Hyfax1-1.jpg
>>
the scratchers go in the pre drilled holes right behing the first outside idler wheel, look at the rails and you'll see three drilled holes close together, they go in the first hole. Or drill another hole and mount them up farther on the rails where your arrow is, either way works. The extra cross shaft goes half way between the two aluminum cross shafts on there right now, this is right in front ot the second set of outside idler wheels. Drill a hole on each side and put it in. The rails bend because there is almost 30" between the cross shafts and this is to much especially with the tipped up rails. I will try to get some pics of my sled this week end and you can see the shafts etc..

Back