• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hyfax Wear on Attak

A couple SLP anti-wear pad questions:
What is the diameter of wear pad head ?
When you install in the track window do you mount them dead center in the window or stagger them a little side to side to distribute wear evenly across the slide ?
Thanks.

Scott,
I changed my Hyfax at 5600 miles and they could have gone longer on my 04 Warrior, and I believe you will get a few MPH on the top, this is with the SLP anti- wear pads. ;)!

I'm going up to Real Masse Feb 11-19th, when are you going back up?

Bob

leaddog said:
Why would you want to install the anti-wear pads when you can punch and clip the track for the same weight? Less wind resistance, more snow for cooling and lubrication.
Because it's much easier than puching and clipping.

How many clips are required for a 121" sled and how much do they weigh??? I was told about 3lbs??? how much will the windows that are removed weigh?? Will this be about the same weight in the end as just adding the wear pads??? I have 144 studs and am concerned about adding too much more weight to the track, especially if the benefits are minimal. Either way seems better than adding more wheels.

I had the anti wear pad's on my GT and by 900 Mi they were so thin frome wear that they had started to bake off and bend over and ate up my slides. I took them out and put on a set of marginal snow wheel's on the curve of the rail just behind the rubber bottom stoper's and now have 1,300 mi with almost no wear. They work. kviper

I don't really care about easier. the net result is what matters to me. I don't want to add more rotating mass than i need to, also would like to correct as many problems as i can with one fix. There is a lot of drag in a yamaha susp. I hope by fully clipping the track would reduce this.

I put the SLP anti-wear pads in along with new hi- fax. After only 75 miles of good groomed trail my hi-fax were worn down in back to almost the wear line. Thats what my original ones did and then they wore real slow after that. I pulled them back out as there was no benifet from them. After only that many miles they seemed to have a considerable amount of wear,probably would not last that many miles.

I'm telling you guys...the larger wheeles are the ticket. Ask anyone who has done it. The pads and more clips are a waste of time. I only did the 4 outter idelers and did not even do the inner set and It's a night and day difference!

SNOWDOG.....or anyone!

The longer Yamaha bolt needed for the Polaris wheels, part #95817-10085-00,.........Does anyone know how long this bolt is???

I do not have a dealer near by, so I wanted to just get a bolt from the local hardware store. I have a local Polaris dealer for the wheels........I just need the longer bolt.

Any help would be appreciated........leaving for U.P. on Thrusday.

Did they use different wheels on the 04 Warrior? I'm not having any problems with Hyfax wear? :tg:

APEXER1 said:
I've been tring to tell everyone on here that they need the bigger Idler wheels but but nobody has been listening. ARE YOU PEOPLE BRAIN DEAD!! :o|

You're #$%&* brain dead. I've owned sleds for many years and never put on bigger idler wheels and believe me I don't ride in much snow. Just because one guy has problems with one set of hyfax in absoultely horrible conditions doesn't everyone here is brain dead.

Quad, I will have to pull one off and measure one for you. I will do it after work and let you know. Or try calling a yami dealer, give them the part #and ask if they would measure it for you.
If you still need the measurement just PM me and I will be happy to do it for you when I get home.

Snowdog

Back