• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hygear questions

RealDeal

Expert
who is running the sport or sport x packages from hygear on your sleds? Is it worth the money or do you save some coin and go with bruce shrader at pioneer?

Realdeal, Hygear kits are well worth the $. Transforms the sled. I did the sport and have no regrets.

revmuffin said:
While I am not running a full kit I am running the tripple and dual rate springs.

See my review:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... ht=#708164

I just could not commit that kind of cash to the full kit. This summer I will have my shocks rebuilt slightly softer and with alot more rebound.

How much did it lower the front of the sled with the springs compared to stock form with no adjustments from the stock calibration.

I have the sport x and if I would do over, I would have done just the springs. The valving package is stiffer than stock, and I'm have issues with the rear shock bottoming on the g outs real bad. The sled does corner great though with the stiffer front end. I personally feel they charged alot for what I got for ride.

SledFreak said:
How much did it lower the front of the sled with the springs compared to stock form with no adjustments from the stock calibration.

From the tip on my hood, at it's lowest point, to the ground is 16.75". I know different skegs might make our measurements different but that will give you an approximate.

yox185 said:
SledFreak said:

From the tip on my hood, at it's lowest point, to the ground is 16.75". I know different skegs might make our measurements different but that will give you an approximate.

You wouldn't have a pic of what your front end looks like would you? I'm just wondering if the front end is being lowered to much to the point where you have lost alot of ground cleareance.

2949437020104294530S600x600Q85.jpg

2395128220104294530S600x600Q85.jpg

2796778290104294530S600x600Q85.jpg

re

I also have just the triple rate sprinds on the front and the dual rate on the 'center. I noticed a difference of 2" in the height of my front end. But I feel the crucial part of it is the angles of the arms. I set my sled next to an xp chassis before and after and the angles of the A-arms before was much steeper than the xp whereas after my A-arms are less steep or flatter than the xp. The tippiness is gone. I have my shocks at five clicks from hard on dampening and rebound and have a much plusher ride. I was also able to extend my front limiter straps all the way out and still maintain my dartless ride with my powderhounds and triple points with ski savers. I am most impressed with the difference in the corners. I have more confidence taking corners harder and flatter. The doo boys aren't running away from me any more. I will say

YOX185, thanks for the pics.... Do you know what the distance was when stock? That looks real low...

I had my shocks revalve by pioneer and i bought springs and torsion spring spacers from hygear. If i were to do it again, i would buy everything from hygear. Not that bruce did not do a good job, but i felt the customer service of hygear was phenominal. I think this time of year bruce gets a little too busy and i felt like i was taking him away from work anytime i called to ask a question. Where hygear has several people that know whats going on and help you out.
If you have the money go with hygear, If you don't go with bruce.

r1usn,

I was considering doing the exact same thing and I will have my shocks back from Bruce tomorrow. I am going to hold off on the springs until next year though.

Overall, aside from customer service, how do you like how your sled handles and rides with Pioneer's valving and Hygear's springs?

nlh said:
r1usn,

I was considering doing the exact same thing and I will have my shocks back from Bruce tomorrow. I am going to hold off on the springs until next year though.

Overall, aside from customer service, how do you like how your sled handles and rides with Pioneer's valving and Hygear's springs?
I paired everything up with a set of doo 6.9 pilots and it made a huge difference. The sled rides a lot better now. I am not hugely disappointed with pioneers service i just found that hygear was much better. I think you will like pioneers revalve. And you can't really beat the price.

SledFreak said:
YOX185, thanks for the pics.... Do you know what the distance was when stock? That looks real low...

No idea, I never measured. Maybe someone else, who is stock, can measure.

yox185 said:
SledFreak said:

No idea, I never measured. Maybe someone else, who is stock, can measure.
Mine is still stock so i went out and measured-about 1/8 inch shy of 19 inches to the tip of the hood. To the lowest point of the swaybar it was 6 3/4 inches and to the bottom of the belly pan it was 7 1/4 inches.I also measured to the top of the front bumper which was 18 3/4 inches. That is with my front springs being set about as lose as u can run them.

Back