• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I did 143 MPH indicated today!

rhoag

Expert
Oh did you think it was on my apex? naaa we had 40 something degrees today so I took both my bikes for a ride. Thought I would get the juices flowing in them again on such a nice SPRING day. LOL I can't believe this weather. Oh it was on the R1 not the Warrior! Think snow, do a snow dance whatever, this is ridiculous!

Attachments

• 12Jan06ty.jpg
    12Jan06ty.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 124

you had me

Yamadoo

nice one

I had to click on this thread with that title. You got me. Snow will come tomorrow. I think things will be getting back to normal in the next 2 weeks. It better because you need to ride my sled to see what you think. Warm or not, I'm riding tomorrow. Got my fingers crossed-no backfiring. :D

40 degrees? The past two days its been low 60's here. The farmers are out plowing their fields. I'll bet thats a first for mid January!

We have a snowmobiling trip planned for the weekend of the 20th, I wonder how far we will have to go for good snow? We are currently planning on going to Munising area. I guess I better put mow the grass on my honey do list aaahhhh! Mother nature teased us bad we had good snow early and cold, then warm and ran. Can you believe this for Northeast Wisconsin Jan 12th??

I'm in NS Canada,..and it rained hot water here today....not a lick of snow..

That crazy Farmer's almanac said " much colder and heavy snowfall for december and January than normal,especially in the East... "

...What a bunch of crap that was,lol.

Rhoag...you know Scott Keiper(appleton)?

Actually 3rd. The 04R1 will do close to 96MPH in first. On smaller race tracks with shorter straight stretches, I hit 155 in 3rd gear. All indicated numbers of course. I will have to move this post to a motorcycle thread if I sing to many praises for this bike. All I can say is I love my R1, but there's a new R6 coming out this year with alot of motogp technology in it. I think the R1 will be new in 07 with a whole bunch of the same motogp technology, I may get a new one then. It should not be legal to sell these things for street use. The liter bikes you can buy at the dealer are faster and more capable than the superbike made for the race track of just 5 years ago. They are unbelievable.
Yamahmator,
Do you have the silver 04? You should go to Jennings with us for a track day in April. We will be doing a track day and some riding around deals gap area.

helix said:
That crazy Farmer's almanac said " much colder and heavy snowfall for december and January than normal,especially in the East... "

The Farmer's Almanac was right, they just didn't specify how far East the snow would be falling. Just ask the Chinese :o|

Meanwhile, I am caught in purgatory: too warm to break out the sled, and too cold/too much sand on the roads to break out the R1. What's a poor country boy to do?

gratuitous pic of my ride:

Attachments

• MFR1sR1.jpg
    MFR1sR1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 89
rhoag said:
Actually 3rd. The 04R1 will do close to 96MPH in first. On smaller race tracks with shorter straight stretches, I hit 155 in 3rd gear. All indicated numbers of course. I will have to move this post to a motorcycle thread if I sing to many praises for this bike. All I can say is I love my R1, but there's a new R6 coming out this year with alot of motogp technology in it. I think the R1 will be new in 07 with a whole bunch of the same motogp technology, I may get a new one then. It should not be legal to sell these things for street use. The liter bikes you can buy at the dealer are faster and more capable than the superbike made for the race track of just 5 years ago. They are unbelievable.
Yamahmator,
Do you have the silver 04? You should go to Jennings with us for a track day in April. We will be doing a track day and some riding around deals gap area.

Yes I have the silver. I was real close to getting the Red (very hot) but ended up with the Silver. Now I wish I had gotten the blue hehe. Awesome bike.

I'd love to hit the track some time. Theres really nothing in NY as far as tracks go to do that as far as I'm aware. I agree these new liter bikes have taken the sport to a whole new level.

http://media.putfile.com/Picture-08695
http://media.putfile.com/Picture-07928
http://media.putfile.com/Picture-0785238

Back