• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I don't think I can justify YES???

08RTX

Extreme
I know everyone seems to agree that the Yamaha extended warranty is a very good investment. Well I have six days left until my warranty runs out and I need to make a decision. Four year YES is $499.00. I have a very good dealer, but I am the type that will fix almost anything myself. I guess what I am asking is what type of catatrophic failures has anyone had that may justify the warranty. Broken suspension, ball joints, starters, and the like do not worry me. I have yet to get my lower ball joints replaced because I am hoping the aftermarket will come out with a better joint by next season that I can buy. I am also concerned that modifications I make to the sled would void some of the warranty anyway. Does anyone have any words of wisdom. So far I have 1200 trouble free miles other than solving the ice build up problem. Thank you in advance for any help.

this sled will cost you way more then the 500 for parts alone imo, you can get a better price online from port city, and you can get lowere years also.

and i have 3500 miles of ride and return to the dealer hell i have more miles pulling my sled to the dealer lol

I let my Warrantee end at end of last year.Figured after 5000mi motor has proven itself and suspension I have modified myself so warrantee on it is pretty much void anyway.Maybe its Carma or the mods worked cause I havent had a single issue this year ;)!

I am a service manager for a Yamaha dealer and I can tell you first hand YES will save you money more times than not. Even if you do the work yourself your still going to have to buy the manual and some special tools for big jobs. Pretty easy to get a $300 plus into that right there.

Plus I have seen Yamaha cover things under goodwill because the customer bought YES coverage. Example was a double o-ringed motor failure. $4k repair that Yamaha covered $3500 of.

Until reading here, I had never heard of YES. When I bought this sled they told me it had a 1 year warranty period. As it was a recreational toy, I never questioned it. How would a guy find out if he could still purchase this?

You can purchase a YES contract as long as you are still in your warranty period. If you are not I would recommend a call to customer service and nicely explain they never offered it to you or informed you about it. They may make you take it to a dealer for inspection but will more than likely help you out.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate it. I still am leaning not to purchase the YES. I have no plans to take the sled to the dealer unless I had a catastrophic failure. Probably something like the engine. I do not put on anywhere near the amount of miles that some of you guys do. I check the sled over frequently. I guess if I have a motor failure or anything else that is huge $, I would just wait to pick up another sled that is wrecked or the right deal and swap parts. I have been riding sleds since the late 70's and have never had a sled to a dealer. I guess all the problems discussed with the Phazer has spooked me a little. Just talking out load I guess. I know I should probably get it, but I just don't think I will get my money's worth out of it. I guess I have faith in this Yamaha mill. I have only had one that came apart.

Shoprat,

Check out www.portyamaha.com a sponsor here for the YES. You can email mike-portyamaha@wi.rr.com with your VIN # and he will will let you know if you can still get the YES. He is fast to respond. You can also get it off Ebay for the same price from a different dealer. Any Yamaha dealer will supposedly honor the YES.

My07 has YES. It was in the shop this week for 12 hours @ $65/hr + parts. Well worth it IMO. It made me a lot more confident about purchasing the sled. I'd say its been in for $2K worth of work in the first 2 weeks.

Back