• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I finally programmed the canbus!!

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
It’s been hours of messing around trying to figure this out. But I now have my Motec ECU communicating with the stock dash AND my aftermarket Dash. This was a crazy new learning experience for me and at one point had the stock dash registering 200 miles an hour with miles clicking up on the ODO with just the key on lol.

Here is the latest vid showing what my new dash will look like for tuning and monitoring this twincharged, complex cluster F lol. (Pun intended haha!)

Also something I noticed is on my GT I don't have the ohlins shock anymore (ZX2 rear) and I never was able to see the shock icon on the dash when the rear shock was not connected, now I can actually hit the mode button and move the shock settings. This is really cool as I may be able to use this at some point (thinking of trying an airbag shock with on board compressor)

Will that software let you modify the stock ecu?

Nope stock ecu is what I meant.

Is that motec adjustable via a software package?
Kinda like HP tuners for the 4 wheel crowd?

No if it was I would have never got the Motec unit. Stock is locked and nothing like hptuners exist unfortunately. Motec software is proprietary to the Motec Unit. They actually have different versions for their different ECUs. I am toying with playing with another Motec on the winder but that is a M1 ECU and software is similar but different. My M400 is the ultimate in adjustability, can be configured for literally anything I want to do. M1 is more user friendly because of "templates" and other features that make it easy to use but less configurable. That said both are badazz and I don't think I can go back to a piggyback in ANY thing with a motor, man they spoil you with the features if you are willing to learn how to make them all work. I have literally hours of watching webinars on my lunch break and taking notes that make sense for my application. Its been a slow learning curve and this CAN BUS was a huge learning curve. I'm a little giddy I figured it out, if I am honest :) Can't wait to ride! Back to the shop I go! :cool:

Back