• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I need new shocks!

cpt.morgan

Hi guys, I have a 2007 pz mountain turbo that really need new shocks round about.

I live in norway and the prizes are insane here so I hoped to get some help, or atleast some tips from people who live in USA where to get my new shocks?

If anybody have a set to sell me, please send me a PM. :4STroke:

Could you or yel_low post up the part numbers/specs on these ohlins shocks? Also, did you do anything else to the stock suspension ie stiffer torsion spring etc? thanks :yam:

centershock:
Part no: YA 721
Type: S36D
Length: 332mm
Stroke: 92,5mm

Rear:
Part no: YA 722
Type: S36PC1W
Length: 447mm
Stroke: 145,5mm

I have stock torsion springs on mine... works great now when I have the new shocks!

thanks, I have the center shock spring and torsion spring on hi to give it some semblence of bottoming resistance, and it feels like I have no compression or rebound damping. ie the spring is over powering the shock. I assume this is not a problem with the ohlins? I may go this route when I can find the cash (and after the super charger :Rockon: ) :yam:

The only thing I have to say about the öhlins is that they are wicked!
from stock to installing the new shocks It felt like riding a whole different sled.. :4STroke:

This is what I got from Shock Tec
John

OHLINS

$1600cdn FRONT SKI SHOCKS- piggyback high/low speed compression and rebound adjustment.
$430cdn FRONT TRACK SHOCK- std shock non-adj
$570cdn REAR TRACK SHOCK- piggyback with std compression

WORKS- they are set-up to rider weight and style (sprung and valved) 2-week lead time
$500CDN FRONT SKI SHOCKS- std shock triple rate springs
$860cdn FRONT SKI SHOCKS- piggyback compression adj, triple rate springs
$1100cdn FRONT SKI SHOCKS- piggyback compression rebound adj, triple rate springs
$340cdn FRONT TRACK SHOCK- std shock dual rate spring.
$470 cdn REAR TRACK SHOCK- std large body shock.

We also have independant high.low speed compression adjustor which can be added to your stock rebuildable shocks, which model phazer(eg GT, FX, etc.) depends if you have rebuildables. std doesn't have rebuildables. Reservoir kits are $249cdn plus shock service and mounting hardware, mounting varies and ranges $20-$50

Rebuild $40-45 and revalve to rider weight and style is $20

As you can see the options are endless, we also have upgrade spings and range from $100 to $300. It all depends on what type of performance and adjustment you want from the shocks.

I hope this helps, any questions just call I will happy to help.

I have a MTX-07, and i use Engans shocks in the back rear and stock FX shocks in the front. And it works great for me. My weight is 93kg.
The FX front shocks are much better than the stock front MTX oil shocks.

Engans shocks is made in Sweden, as Ohlins. And they are as good as Ohlins.

Ordered my floats. $340.00 Cdn each. Yamaha PN is 8GN-F376A-A0-00. If you need the pump it is $50.00 Cdn. Yamaha PN is 8GT-F3703-00-00. My bro has an M7 Limited so I will just use his pump until I order the Mountain Tamer rear kit.

Back